+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Greg Tansey

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Thumbs up to the Niall signing. No doubt about it.

Why do we need an unknown youth player from England to replace a player that never plays. Surely we have a player on the books that can replace Tanseys 11 appearances is what im getting at
    I agree to an extent, you'd like to think the likes of Frank Ross would get more opportunities.
    However, Jacob Davenport has apparently caught Pep Guardiola's eye as well as the succession of youth team managers, he also is the Man City Development Squads captain.
    Maybe he is better than what we have, not good enough to get a first team place and there may be an option to get him for longer here.
    Certainly there can't be a downside if we have reduced our wage bill by moving Tansay out.
    This may even have nothing to do with Tansey and allow Ball to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The Tansey signing was a strange one in the first place.
    I never noticed him playing against us.
    Come to think of it I never noticed him playing for us either.
    Theres still an opportunity for Tansey.
    I think there is a decent player in there, but for whatever reason (injury / Settling in the area / issue with McInnes), he will benefit from the 6 month loan if he can get a run of games.
    Whether he comes back then ready to restart his career here or is shipped off we'll wait and see

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345