+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good game

But this one is even better, the silence is deafening when Harry Kane smacks it home, 2-2 !!...
    (warning, contains swearing!)

Last edited by Acido; 11-06-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
    Just hope they do not replace Joe Hart with that liability Tom Heaton
    Tom Heaton starting in next game,with Butland coming on in the second half ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Tom Heaton starting in next game,with Butland coming on in the second half ..
    Aw gawd !
    Should of recalled Rob Green

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Time Hart was dropped and replaced with Heaton.. The Scoths blew their chance of the bragging rights big time ..good last five minutes
    Heaton was ****e against France, kept on knocking the ball right in the centre after a save leaving the opposition a simple tap in. It's schoolboy stuff that.

Next England goalkeeper is Pickford, now that lad is something special. Can see him ending up at one of the big Spanish clubs he's genuinely world class.

Quote Originally Posted by N0BBER View Post
    Heaton was ****e against France, kept on knocking the ball right in the centre after a save leaving the opposition a simple tap in. It's schoolboy stuff that.

Next England goalkeeper is Pickford, now that lad is something special. Can see him ending up at one of the big Spanish clubs he's genuinely world class.
    He should have a great career in front of him playing at the highest level.

Already I would choose him above that liability Hart.

England have not had a world class goalie since Gordan banks imo,
    Pickford has the talent it would seem so we'll just have to see if he has the consistency to stay the course,
    ps
    if you want a decent goalie then sign a german goalie!

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    England have not had a world class goalie since Gordan banks imo,
    Pickford has the talent it would seem so we'll just have to see if he has the consistency to stay the course,
    ps
    if you want a decent goalie then sign a german goalie!

Evening John.....I think you have forgotten Peter Shilton and...........Robert Green

Shilton was a great keeper but the problem was that in 1990 when we could have (and probably should have) won the World Cup he was just too old and out of shape.

Look at the deflected German goal in the semi final and Shilton is shuffling back, taking an age to try and get to the ball.
    The penalties, although well taken, shows Shilton simply falling to the floor in a sad attempt to get near the ball.

Just my opinion but yes, you have to say Shilton was class in his day.

I always rated Peter Shilton over Ray Clemence, and how Joe Corrigan became part of the team ahead of these two is beyond me.
    Maybe Shilts should have stepped down after the disastrous Euro '88, and it pains me to say it but when I look back at WCup '90 again, he tried but he didnt get a whiff of those pens did he.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Evening John.....I think you have forgotten Peter Shilton and...........Robert Green
    hello matey long time no read fella!
    hope you and yours are of good health Sir
    as for Shilton mate never forgot the pen shootout against Germany, went the right way most of the time but just too slow and cumbersome for the penalty task, they should have subbed him and brought the then young Dave Seaman in shame really!
    and don't get me started on Rob Green what a clanger against the yanks!!
    when it comes to consistency we are at best a joke!
    take care now
    john.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast