+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o/t Magnificent performance by a Miller

o/t Magnificent performance by a Miller

Tonight Muse performed a legendary concert in Austin Texas, part of their US Amphitheatre tour.... and was broadcast live on Facebook around the world. The Yanks are going mad for them.

They are pretty good, it seems.

I must take my hat off to the bass player who is a Millers nut and surely the most famous fan we've ever had :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Tonight Muse performed a legendary concert in Austin Texas, part of their US Amphitheatre tour.... and was broadcast live on Facebook around the world. The Yanks are going mad for them.

They are pretty good, it seems.

I must take my hat off to the bass player who is a Millers nut and surely the most famous fan we've ever had :-)
    This is a rewrite of a 2014 post by you, Sota, idolising Muse and CW. I take it you're a fan? Frankly, I'd never heard of the guy and he must rank a long way behind Howard Webb and the Chuckle Brothers in the fame game?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    This is a rewrite of a 2014 post by you, Sota, idolising Muse and CW. I take it you're a fan? Frankly, I'd never heard of the guy and he must rank a long way behind Howard Webb and the Chuckle Brothers in the fame game?
    I'm guessing Sota means world wide fame, as opposed to being recognised in B and Q?

Yes mate, I'm a fan. CW is a lovely bloke who's passionate, skillful and a Miller through and through. A bit like you, I would think
    x

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    I'm guessing Sota means world wide fame, as opposed to being recognised in B and Q?
    I just took a quick look at the first page on Google of lists of famous football fans by club. RUFC gets Howard and the Chuckles. CW seems famous only in Sota's living room.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Yes mate, I'm a fan. CW is a lovely bloke who's passionate, skillful and a Miller through and through. A bit like you, I would think
    x
    I fail on the "lovely bloke", "passionate" and "skillful" attributes and as I'm watching Huddersfield next season probably now fail on the last too.

Look Monty, you're not getting any free tickets ok?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I fail on the "lovely bloke", "passionate" and "skillful" attributes and as I'm watching Huddersfield next season probably now fail on the last too.
    I respect your decision to dump the Millers, after one bad season in five, but why are you still bothering with this forum? What happens if Huddersfield have a year like us ?

Jocks, Its hard for me in the US to get through all these adr r rrr.mbfr9erts but I suspect that Monty is taking the tiddle and dont let him bother you. Once he finds out that you are a 6 foot 2 goalkeeper he'll back down.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    I respect your decision to dump the Millers, after one bad season in five, but why are you still bothering with this forum? What happens if Huddersfield have a year like us ?
    Jocks, I will be watching Huddersfield, not supporting them. You have clearly not been following my various posts on the philosophy of the football fan on here and elsewhere over the years. I shall recap my point of view (which, btw, is shared by a growing number of football afficionados).
    My POV is that the slavish adulation of the hardcore fan serves only to benefit football owners, management and players by removing the normal test applied in most other walks of live of competency. I argue that fans should simply adopt a market approach which says to football if you want my money you can no longer rely on my blind loyalty but must provide entertainment and value for money. It's a revolution and a long overdue one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast