+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves on International Duty Thread

Wolves on International Duty Thread

Thought it might be worth a thread on its own to stay updated on how our players on international duty are doing.

Lee Evans has been named to the 23 man squad for the Welsh national team. They have a World Cup Qualifier against Serbia this upcoming Sunday. Good for him. I believe he was gonna get called to the senior team last year (or maybe the year before that) and got injured the week he was supposed to report. Glad he hasn't lost his chance completely. He's been solid at times and you can see the talent there, just hasn't gotten the full body of work completed. Hope this improves his development and makes him a more consistent player.

Dave Edwards also got the call for the national team. Will be interesting if he is able to hold onto his spot with the national team with a new Wolves manager. No spot is guaranteed now (though there's really only been one constant in the past decade and that's Dave Edwards, so I wouldn't put it past him to continue to be a regular).

Also, looking at the Wales squad, lots of familiar names. If we'd have held onto Hennessey and Vokes, Wales might have had a case for my second national team of choice (behind USA).

Link

I know Matt Doherty got called into national team camp with Ireland recently, but ultimately did not make the final squad for some friendlies and WCQ.

Kourtney Hause and Dominic Iorfa have been called to the U21 squad for England. The U21 European Championship starts on June 16 and runs through the end of the month. England are in a group with Poland, Sweden, and Slovakia (easiest gorup of the three IMO. Though youth international tournaments are often a crapshoot. See Venezuela in the semifinals of the U20 World Cup). Congrats to them. Hause had a good season and ended up our most consistent CB in the second half of the season IMO. Hope he solidifies himself. Iorfa seemed to be in Lambert's doghouse, but hopefully gets new life and grabs hold of his chance under Nuno. We'll see.

Link

I'm sure there's others that I am forgetting.

Dave Edwards in the starting eleven for Wales, Aaron Ramsey has scored from the penalty spot to give Wales the lead.

Played 73 minutes before being subbed off. Lee Evans did not get in the game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)