+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hughes may be heading out of Derby

Totally agree about the sell on clause Rog. Still think Watford are likely to struggle. Only saved by Sunderland being so far adrift last season. I see a season of struggle ahead for them so Will ends up in another outclassed midfield. Beyond that, parochial or not, I'm with Andy. Like to see him do well and us to make some more dosh out of a further upward move but once he's gone...he's gone.

What I do find slightly odd is how critical some of our fans can be of the likes of Hughes and Christie when they are both of seemingly great interest to other more successful clubs (e.g. Brighton, Watford, Boro').

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Totally agree about the sell on clause Rog. Still think Watford are likely to struggle. Only saved by Sunderland being so far adrift last season. I see a season of struggle ahead for them so Will ends up in another outclassed midfield. Beyond that, parochial or not, I'm with Andy. Like to see him do well and us to make some more dosh out of a further upward move but once he's gone...he's gone.

What I do find slightly odd is how critical some of our fans can be of the likes of Hughes and Christie when they are both of seemingly great interest to other more successful clubs (e.g. Brighton, Watford, Boro').
    Everyone is entitled to criticise and most of such criticism round here is reasonably fairly focussed on what folk see on the pitch. My Johnson man bun criticism is clearly the exception to this. Other teams representatives, no matter how supposedly expert, see as much as we the fans see of players.

I have a feeling that you are developing a "personal lack of hair complex", Andy. Is it no longer the case that the lovely Sonja could run her fingers through your fine locks and ruffle the tresses in a fit of playful coquettishness? Are you afeared that you will lose your fancy woman to the evil fully hirsute Swaleman? Actually no, hes is probably a slaphead too.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I have a feeling that you are developing a "personal lack of hair complex", Andy. Is it no longer the case that the lovely Sonja could run her fingers through your fine locks and ruffle the tresses in a fit of playful coquettishness? Are you afeared that you will lose your fancy woman to the evil fully hirsute Swaleman? Actually no, hes is probably a slaphead too.
    As a three-decades slaphead, that complex is as distant as Jacob Butterfield's stare. Sonja is welcome to run her fingers through my hair whenever she wishes especially as most of it these days resides in my boxers, which might well transform cocquette to cocq. coincidentally the other party in that strange menage a trois all those years ago (the one with the big boot) is playing bass at a gig I am attending in London on friday. No I won't be bringing the subject up.

Edit; try this for a tribute. It doesn't matter who wrote it but as it happened it was Stewart Copeland: 'Sonja Kristina has arrived on stage. Suddenly there is no band, no stage, no college kids. Just Sonja glinting in the green light. She moves like smoke across the stage, hardly seeming to move at all, but undulating in slow motion. Who cares what the band is doing? As a muso I've never bothered with singers, considering them to be musical passengers. How wrong I've been! She's not even singing yet, and she owns everything'

wouldn't it be great if we signed a midfielder this summer who earned plaudits like that
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 21-06-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Everyone is entitled to criticise and most of such criticism round here is reasonably fairly focussed on what folk see on the pitch. My Johnson man bun criticism is clearly the exception to this. Other teams representatives, no matter how supposedly expert, see as much as we the fans see of players.
    Not disagreeing that everyone is 'entitled to criticise' Andy, but we haven't proved exactly blessed in the talent spotting department in recent years. Hughes is certainly one of the exceptions and Christie remains a young international player with speed and a physique that, speaking as an ex and admittedly largely inadequate full back, I certainly wouldn't have wanted running at me.
    It just seems strange to me that we are so willing to ship out two players who other clubs appear to value when there are others who, personally, I would prefer to see leave and who I think we could both make and save money by moving on.

Sadly other clubs dont share your belief in those other players value, it seems, rA

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

Edit; try this for a tribute. It doesn't matter who wrote it but as it happened it was Stewart Copeland: 'Sonja Kristina has arrived on stage. Suddenly there is no band, no stage, no college kids. Just Sonja glinting in the green light. She moves like smoke across the stage, hardly seeming to move at all, but undulating in slow motion. Who cares what the band is doing? As a muso I've never bothered with singers, considering them to be musical passengers. How wrong I've been! She's not even singing yet, and she owns everything'

wouldn't it be great if we signed a midfielder this summer who earned plaudits like that
    Wasn't that John Eustace?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Sadly other clubs dont share your belief in those other players value, it seems, rA
    So there aren't two Premiership clubs after Hughes and Wolves, QPR and Boro' haven't shown any interest in Christie then?

RTFQ as exam markers used to say. You referred to there being other players that you would like to see shipped out...........

Watford is a perfect move for Will. The new manger Silva likes to play proper football, Watford don't have a wealth of talent in his way, I think he'll play and I think we'll use the 10m well, plus no doubt we'll get a sell on fee later. Sounds like A good deal all round. Watford will most likely be in the mix for relegation but I wont be surprised if they stay up.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)