+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT More politics

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    In secret ballots how do the "experts" know who voted what?

Dodgy opinion polls is the best they can do the results of which are frequently bent to suit the politics of the user.

My own leanings that might be typical, reasonably bright, have a Masters Degree, currently vote Tory but wants to vote Labour but can't because the party is headed up by a dinosaur.

Come a change of Labour leader though and I could change my vote.

Anyhow, young or old, thick or clever most folks vote selfishly for the party that gives them the most goods at least risk.

So in manifesto writing bribes work.
    Over 50000 people in the poll Grist. The exit poll was around 30000 and got the result and the vote percentage pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Over 50000 people in the poll Grist. The exit poll was around 30000 and got the result and the vote percentage pretty much spot on.
    Wow that's a massive 0.1% of the voting electorate.

Remember how they got Brexit wrong?

It's not statistically sound, just guesswork

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Wow that's a massive 0.1% of the voting electorate.

Remember how they got Brexit wrong?

It's not statistically sound, just guesswork
    Problem with exit polls is when you get a certain party telling people they are racist if they vote a certain way. Or have a newspaper call a political leader a terrorist. Exit polls will very rarely be right due to the fact that exit polls are basically people asking others how they voted and after such a nasty insults not many people will tell the truth in fear of being called a racist or IRA sympathiser. Honestly I'm shocked that this one was so close to the truth after the crap the SUN published

Love the politics on here. We've got guys desperate for a "strong leader" and in love with a right wing crook and we have guys like gm-gm who thinks he's upper class because he bought his council house and is so far up the Tories rrse that he identifies himself with the party and says things like "We can beat Labour in RV..." Laughable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123