+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT More politics

OT More politics

This is really interesting. According to these figures class division makes little difference on those who vote tory or Labour. The main difference is age with all groups under 50 favouring Labour and those over 50 favouring the tories. Also interesting is that the more educated you are, the more likely you are to vote Labour and also that working people are much more likely to vote Labour, with the retired favouring the tories.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/874669885066010624

Yep saw that Tony which reinforces my view that not very bright people vote Tory. Something I have suspected a while on here. Also before the election I was urging young uns on here to get out to vote because I knew they would generally vote Labour...and they did...listen to ya uncle roly eh? :

The only people who I can understand voting Tory are rich people because the Tories will look after em at the expense of the poor. For me, it is just pointless voting tory if you have no wealth. My only conclusion is that the likes of Ellis, gm and great fire must be very rich or stupid based on the survey above.

Which is it guys?

And before anybody gets the face on these findings are nothing to do with me...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-06-2017 at 06:20 PM.

I would argue anyone who votes is not very bright.

Bunch of well of people pretending to care about not so well off people.

Putting your faith in politicians is like asking an alcoholic to look after your pub for a few weeks.

Only one outcome.

I've always assumed that as people grow older and have a greater chance of having accumulated or inherited wealth, the more resistant they are to the concept of having it 'redistributed'. In addition, people above a certain age will remember the appalling state that the country was in towards the end of the 70s, after the last sustained period of 'old' Labour government. They will also remember the damage wrought by the unfettered power of the Trade Unions in the 70s.

The education thing is probably skewed by age; the explosion of the number of people going to university over the last 25 years or so means that a far higher proportion of younger people have degrees than in older generations. As I posted last week, a cohort study a few years ago showed that Green and Lib Dem voters were likely to have significantly higher IQs than Labour and the Tory voters, who had very similar ones.

I think that is a sensible point as well Yak to be fair. You often get the argument that you must go out to vote because your forefathers fought for that right. But then again it could be argued that your forefathers didnt fight for you to have the sh ite voting options you have nowadays. I think democracy should always allow you to have the right not to vote at times which thankfully it does in this country.

Don't get me wrong Roly I think democracy is important.
    I wish there was a way of taking the better bits from each manifesto and letting each party implement it.

Not possible I know but to have a broad mix in power would suit all of us.

Just my take on it.

There has been some mention of having a cross party method of dealing with Brexit Yak. In a direct way that wont happen, but with a hung parliament you would think the government is going to have to listen to all views in order to get it accepted so I think it will naturaaly get watered down.

Yak not voting is a SIN.....many millions of people have died for our freedom and "Voting" is the only system that vaguely works - and is far from perfect.

As for age....As for wealth.....As for education....

You vote according to your own life experiences - and a history of family voting and the "ancestral" life experiences come into play.

The specific question of the less educated voting Tory is ( I believe ) down to the fact the tories ( rich / powerful ) have the media as a control system - that is a fact !

The "less educated" don't - by definition ask or query the propagandist headlines they see and therefore they are easily manipulated by the media....the more educated ask questions - and are more aware of the media tricks of the trade....that's it really for me.....

Just my opinion.....but NOT VOTING and not studying the political parties agendas is an abdication of everyone's duty to their fellow man.....

Oh - not forgetting themselves !

I know people have died for that right I was in the marines for 16 years.
    I'm educated enough to make my own mind up and voting for people you don't believe in is not educated.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep saw that Tony which reinforces my view that not very bright people vote Tory. Something I have suspected a while on here. Also before the election I was urging young uns on here to get out to vote because I knew they would generally vote Labour...and they did...listen to ya uncle roly eh? :

The only people who I can understand voting Tory are rich people because the Tories will look after em at the expense of the poor. For me, it is just pointless voting tory if you have no wealth. My only conclusion is that the likes of Ellis, gm and great fire must be very rich or stupid based on the survey above.

Which is it guys?

And before anybody gets the face on these findings are nothing to do with me...
    So you believe these kind of things then do you ugly?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/13/appare...ngers-6379759/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast