+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Grenfell Tower fire

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Angry people outside the town hall and rightly so
    And scum activists causing trouble.
    Closing the council while they were organising re homing etc .
    Well fkng done.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Of course there can be a political angle to incidents such as this. Of course there can be potential criminal charges. There will inevitably be lessons to learn.

My point was and is that the recriminations and blame should wait until we know what happened and that to try to make political points before we even know the death toll is pretty low.

For example, it has also been reported that 250 fire fighters were involved in dealing with the incident. So perhaps those politicians and posters making points about cuts to the fire brigade can comment upon how many firefighters were actually needed and their basis for being able to do so?

Your heroine isn't shaping up well at all is she?
    Strong & stable leadership yeah right
    Very good at delivering pre prepared speeches read from a script [PMQ's] but absolutely hapless when having to answer questions not previously supplied
    I did warn you about her twelve months ago
    The EU negotiators will eat her for breakfast
    Perhaps she should heed the advice of the idiot Hague & recruit the help of others with negotiating skills

Rubbish crashbang they were lucky nobody burnt the council building down in retaliation. I think they have acted more than reasonably. They want answers fast and rightly so.I would like to see how you would feel if this had happened to your family. The families are bloody angry and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    And scum activists causing trouble.
    Closing the council while they were organising re homing etc .
    Well fkng done.

Scum activists !!!!

Death toll likely to be in 3 figures , PM won't even show courage and leadership to offer words of comfort and take charge , she is a fuqing coward .

Offers 10k per resident and things she's giving them their lives back and suporting them .

Forgotten , ignored people who were not listened to because those in power dont deem them worthy of being listened to .

Of course it's going to get nasty , it's not the right way but jeez can you not understand the anger and frustration .

Truly blinkered people.........

Knocking "activists"........!

"Activist" is a right wing propagandist word to promote an image !

That "image" is one of a trouble causer and commonly used with an appropriate adjective like the enlightened gentleman did :

......"Scum Ativists"......

99% of "activists" are gentle - caring folk that get off their rrs's to help the world get better - to help people.

They wouldn't be seen trying to get tax cuts for the super rich !

But they would be seen getting basic human rights for the poor and those whose voice is seldom heard !

It is my opinion that people who proliferate the use of these right wing propagandist words as....SCUM..!

Ignorant - stupid - simple minded individuals ........ .

Trying to be part of an establishment that wouldn't have them clean their new luxury cars.....that they have just purchased as they struggle with "austerity"

Sad people indeed - Sun reader perhaps.....lol

Firefighter numbers haven't grown out of control due to favourable feeding or breeding conditions !

Bobby numbers haven't grown out of control due to favourable feeding or breeding conditions !

Nurse numbers haven't grown out of control due to favourable feeding or breeding conditions !

Teacher numbers haven't grown out of control due to favourable feeding or breeding conditions !

Border control officer numbers haven't grown out of control due to favourable feeding or breeding conditions !

Army numbers haven't grown out of control due to favourable feeding or breeding conditions !

And the rest !

These numbers of ESSENTIAL series haven't grown out of control and need culling.

NO - THE NUMBERS HAVE EVOLVED SLOWLY.....AS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS....NEVER OVER MANNED !

Yet 22,000 Bobby's gone undermining our security !

Yet 1000's of Firefighters and many Firestations gone undermining our
    safety !

Yet experienced teachers are being made redundant undermining our education system !

There's a trend here - "AUSTERITY" falsified numbers to support the tory dogma of cutting services.....that actually ARE NOT GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY !

Check out the sales of luxury cars and yachts !

Austerity !

Borrowing spiralling UPWARDS and the ECONOMIC STAGNATION !

GET THE BAST##DS OUT !

AND THEIR SCUM SUPPORTERS !

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    "trying to blame "capitalism " doesn't really apply unless you're a bit weak in the head"

Envy...?...unbelievable !

There will be over one hundred people dead unnecessarily for a saving of £5000...that "saving" was made due to AUSTERITY which is a politically insane methodology that has / is decimating....Basically everything.

Let the person who wrote the stupid "capitalism" quote above imagine their family dead in that tower NOW !
    TONIGHT !

And for the foreseeable future - then investigate why this has happened !

Ministers ignoring endless reports - recommendations - warnings - ammendments - European laws - tenant association pleas....

AND YET YOUR FAMILY IS STILL UP THERE !

I tell you what son....

......."you're a bit weak in the head"

The propaganda machine is in full swing and the news will diminish....but the young have had enough.....they're the future and they by-pass propaganda by the simple communication of facts.

The anger in London is due to political failings....give the bereaved the respect to vent their anger....they are making it political.....because it is !
    Well said.

Thumbs up Distateful

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    A parliamentary committee has been chasing THIS GOVERNMENT to learn the lessons of previous incidents that were not dissimilar to this tragedy.

Tories = Money / profit.

The owners of these companies are getting top dollar for these contracts and yet less than the best materials and standards are used.....these are the guys buying the LUXURIOUS CARS that are selling like hot cakes.

The Parliamentary committee chairman
    ( an ex fireman) has been calling for a revision of regulations controlling these buildings - apparently - if this building was built today it would be fully fitted with water sprinkler systems.....

.......Due to the towers age it was exempt from these regulations....

How can that be ?......Cost perhaps ?
    People are dead - I find your use of their lives to make political points utterly distasteful. We do not know why the fire spread it has not been investigated - let them investigate and then the recriminations can start - we should be showing a dignified respect for the families involved not political point scoring. Some of the things I have seen on the TV and online are a disgrace and show our country in it's worst light. I am utterly ashamed to think of those political activists that are using this tragedy to march through London as I type trying to use this tragedy to further their own ends. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    People are dead - I find your use of their lives to make political points utterly distasteful. We do not know why the fire spread it has not been investigated - let them investigate and then the recriminations can start - we should be showing a dignified respect for the families involved not political point scoring. Some of the things I have seen on the TV and online are a disgrace and show our country in it's worst light. I am utterly ashamed to think of those political activists that are using this tragedy to march through London as I type trying to use this tragedy to further their own ends. Disgusting.
    It is political. No point scoring. It's political. You are doing the political point scoring. These "political activists" didn't burn people to death in a tower block. They didn't approve the cladding. They didn't wave through the planning consent. Their companies didn't see fit to manufacture and market a non fire resistant cladding beside their fire resistant cladding. For profit. Murder for profit. THAT just happened. In reality. Dead people. For profit. It's F##@ing political. And no matter how many right wing gutless t@@sers post on social media and message boards condemning people for "making things political", it still is political. And it's corporate murder.

still a bunch of absolute tossers using this to make a political point.
    Don't think you really care about the people who have suffered or suffering just glad you can have an opportunity to take the moral high ground.
    Absolutely disgraceful.
    Last edited by Yak; 17-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast