+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McInnes to Sunderland

McInnes to Sunderland

Sunderland given permission to speak to McInnes. If, and its a big if, Pulis walked...he would be next in line for me. Given there are not many other credible options and he has done a sterling job north of the border..

Good us he's going their , even Brenden Rogers is a good manager in scotland .

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Sunderland given permission to speak to McInnes. If, and its a big if, Pulis walked...he would be next in line for me. Given there are not many other credible options and he has done a sterling job north of the border..

Can't believe what I am reading! Derek was good for us as a player but Aberdeen are not much better than Walsall for feck sack!

For any avoidance of doubt, as know two season ticket holders at Sunderland - they have both said can't believe the club has stooped so low with a nobody! Moyes got the blame as apart from Defoe, the squad was garbage and lacked quality.

Bit like the West Brom story - the greatest manager in the world could not do much with no investment and patched up players, or players who are clearly championship material!

Someone will be suggesting Mowbray next who also went north! What about the poisonous little dwarf who runs the Scotland squad - what did he achieve! Southgate hardly was a success for Boro.

Sure, Pulis could do better than us and our threadbare squad that's for sure - don't particular like the bloke but at least, I am realistic.................

Derek McInnes - pissing myself laughing now and been in a foul mood all day......................

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Can't believe what I am reading! Derek was good for us as a player but Aberdeen are not much better than Walsall for feck sack!

For any avoidance of doubt, as know two season ticket holders at Sunderland - they have both said can't believe the club has stooped so low with a nobody! Moyes got the blame as apart from Defoe, the squad was garbage and lacked quality.

Bit like the West Brom story - the greatest manager in the world could not do much with no investment and patched up players, or players who are clearly championship material!

Someone will be suggesting Mowbray next who also went north! What about the poisonous little dwarf who runs the Scotland squad - what did he achieve! Southgate hardly was a success for Boro.

Sure, Pulis could do better than us and our threadbare squad that's for sure - don't particular like the bloke but at least, I am realistic.................

Derek McInnes - pissing myself laughing now and been in a foul mood all day......................
    I can only understand about half of that. But from what I gather, no managers in Scotland should be seen as a target? Come on pal, he's unproven in the Prem but proven at a level just below. Which is in all likelihood the type of manager we will target.

Give me any other names who would be better.

I can only understand about half of that. But from what I gather, no managers in Scotland should be seen as a target? Come on pal, he's unproven in the Prem but proven at a level just below. Which is in all likelihood the type of manager we will target.

Give me any other names who would be better.
    Whilst, I like him as a player, he did a crap job at Bristol City and most Sunderland supporters are really pissed off that a nobody has replaced Moyes. Not so much that Moyes was bad, but the Board gave him sweet FA to spend and apart from Defoe, the squad was more thread bare than ours! If you think Aberdeen or Bristol City are a level below, then you have drank too much wine. Good proven managers are the likes of Steve Bruce and Monk who have tasted the highest level.

With 50 million plus to spend, I would like Benitez or Ranieri as examples. With Albion being Albion and spending peanuts, a threadbare squad, no pace, some championship players, and players like Brunt and Morrison who are on their last legs ( like Gmac ), I would say Pulis every time.

There's your answer. The Sunderland supporter who is a good mate who goes every week home and away, will give up his season ticket if McInnes goes there such is there lack of ambition!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Good us he's going their , even Brenden Rogers is a good manager in scotland .

Even Samaras looked good in Scotland! He was a bigger pile of utter ****e than Anelka. Whilst these players were not around in the Pulis days, it's Pulis's fault!

To describe Derek as a "nobody" is ridiculous.

Along with Megson he's the main reason we are where we are now AND he's Aberdeen's most successful manager in 35 years since Ferguson.

If Sunderland fans are upset then f o o k them....they need to better understand their knowledge of football and appreciate that they are also a pile of s h y t e at present.

Best of luck Dekka.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    To describe Derek as a "nobody" is ridiculous.

Along with Megson he's the main reason we are where we are now AND he's Aberdeen's most successful manager in 35 years since Ferguson.

If Sunderland fans are upset then f o o k them....they need to better understand their knowledge of football and appreciate that they are also a pile of s h y t e at present.

Best of luck Dekka.

Derek was a legend as a player at West Brom but did nothing at Bristol City and has done a great job at Aberdeen. That said, Aberdeen would most likely struggle against a good league 1 side. If I was a Sunderland fan, I would have wanted Gary Monk as an example who went to a rival over Derek. Monk has managed at the top, and did an amazing job at Leeds and if he had not been undermined at Leeds, they would have been in the play offs. Monk got Woods firing on all cylinders and personally, I would have Woods every time over Rondon. Woods knows where the net is and does not matter which division you are in - if you put away chances clinically, then that's what it's all about. Forget about a forward working his tits off - forwards are there to score!

So my point is - Monk is not such a gamble at Boro and will do a great job! McInnes is a gamble at Sunderland but I hope for his sake he does brilliant!

If I was McInnes where would I choose if I had the opportunity - West Brom or Sunderland? Well it would be Sunderland every time as expectation will be lower and if he gets them up he's made. The other factor, Sunderland are a bigger club, and their supporters are not as fickle as many of our own.

We could not be anymore opposite in our views Al,

Benitez - Often gone to clubs on a huge salary, with massive funding behind him on a massive salary. Just because he got Newcastle promoted with the biggest budget in the league doesn't make him a good manager. He failed at Real Madrid and Inter.

Ranieri - Despite his success at Leicester, still not convinced about him as a manager. Again would come with huge salary. Leicester he inherited a great team, on a winning run, with backroom staff who ran it. Not taking anything away from him but whoever was appointed would have done well. Before that he was Greece manager and finished bottom of their group where the Faroes and Northern Ireland beat them home and away.

Monk - Probably the most credible/realistic of your suggestions. Did well at Swansea and Leeds. Heard a rumour there was massive unrest in the Swansea team when he left. Still relatively untested in the prem, as he wasn't at Swansea for long.

Woods better than Rondon? Unless he has improved a lot since he was with us, which is possible because I only watched him once last season, I would rather stick with what we have. Cannot figure out why you keep banging the drum about Defoe, he would be a disaster for us. As any small striker would be with our current set up.

We could not be anymore opposite in our views Al,

Benitez - Often gone to clubs on a huge salary, with massive funding behind him on a massive salary. Just because he got Newcastle promoted with the biggest budget in the league doesn't make him a good manager. He failed at Real Madrid and Inter.

Ranieri - Despite his success at Leicester, still not convinced about him as a manager. Again would come with huge salary. Leicester he inherited a great team, on a winning run, with backroom staff who ran it. Not taking anything away from him but whoever was appointed would have done well. Before that he was Greece manager and finished bottom of their group where the Faroes and Northern Ireland beat them home and away.

Monk - Probably the most credible/realistic of your suggestions. Did well at Swansea and Leeds. Heard a rumour there was massive unrest in the Swansea team when he left. Still relatively untested in the prem, as he wasn't at Swansea for long.

Woods better than Rondon? Unless he has improved a lot since he was with us, which is possible because I only watched him once last season, I would rather stick with what we have. Cannot figure out why you keep banging the drum about Defoe, he would be a disaster for us. As any small striker would be with our current set up.
    Good post! I only said Benitez and Ranieri in jest with 50 million plus to spend on players which is never going to happen at West Brom and neither would they come to us and take a salary reduction. To be fair though, Benitez did a decent job at Liverpool for a while, and nobody would walk away with the championship.

The reference between Woods and Rondon was not so much to say who was better. It was to point out Woods is more clinical with his finishing in front of goal. Defoe - did not have any support at Sunderland and the players around him were inferior to those around Rondon - but he scored 15 goals. Like Woods, Defoe is clinical and rarely misses! That's the difference.

I don't want a striker who works his titties off! I want a striker who can produce magic, and puts away easy chances - bit like Odemwingie in his good old days!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)