+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The OS keeps on giving!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    thats the mentality of a small club with fickle fans Davee..
    Exactly Alf. They are not even the best team in Claret & Blue!

Acido we are only using Wembley as there isn't anywhere bigger.

The record home attendance for an English football team is currently held by Tottenham Hotspur with an 85,512 attendance vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the Champions League Group Stage. Who the fcuk are man yanited?

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Acido we are only using Wembley as there isn't anywhere bigger.
    The record home attendance for an English football team is currently held by Tottenham Hotspur with an 85,512 attendance vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the Champions League Group Stage. Who the fcuk are man yanited?
    I dont know how old you are Dave, but do you remember (in Jan '81) when White Hart lane held our Fa cup replay against Enfield ?
    It was a massive attendance on the night for a tie between a non league and a Third Division/Lg One side.

There is a clue about my age in my poster name mate. I checked and the crowd for that game was 35,000 which says a lot for how the FA Cup was treated in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    There is a clue about my age in my poster name mate. I checked and the crowd for that game was 35,000 which says a lot for how the FA Cup was treated in those days.
    Yes, 35k for a cup tie like that was fantastic, and thankfully we didnt slip up on that particular banana skin.
    That was when I started supporting the Tykes and it was in the middle of a promotion winning season under our player manager Norman Hunter.
    As you say, the FA cup really meant something in those days and your team won it of course, in the replayed Final against Man City.
    ps - I did wonder if the 59 was when you were born, but its not always that obvious is it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Are your lot looking forward to visiting Chelski on the opening day Alf.

And is this true that Tottingham are playing at Wembley next season ? Surely they could have shared Barnet's or Enfield's massive stadiums instead.
    Of course we are Acido,check out our first six away games ..

Little Burnley has done well.
    Even though they will be relegated next season .

not so sure about Burnley trickster,
    their home form is usually a bank and under Dyche they may just survive imo...

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    not so sure about Burnley trickster,
    their home form is usually a bank and under Dyche they may just survive imo...
    Hope you are right John,don't worry about Tricky,he's is only trying to wind me up as usual ..

Its just a game we play on here.. Tricky usually loses out ..

Hope you are right John,don't worry about Tricky,he's is only trying to wind me up as usual ..

Its just a game we play on here.. Tricky usually loses out ..
    probably a tad trying at times alf... but then thats football for ya!!
    take care now
    john.

Of course we are Acido,check out our first six away games ..
    Dont tell me youve got to go to Man City, Man Ure, Ar*senal, Liverpool, & Real Madrid in the first 6 away games ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast