shopify analytics
+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Queens players

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    It Ain't No Crime as Billy Joel said.

Do your stuff admin

I simply rest my case on the basis of what has been posted to this particular thread and many more besides.

I see Grant Anderson has signed a 2 year deal at Stranraer

Here was me hoping this would be a thread about ex Queens players. Has Willie Gibson joined a new side yet?

Amended - saw he signed for Peterhead in a thread below.

On another note, how many ex Queens players/managers are involved in management in the Scottish Leagues? This would be interesting to know.
    Last edited by CptQueens; 16-06-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    lol anyways back to the point of smith and hooper getting deals at annan ,probably about the right level for them id say as thay wernt near good enough at championship level ,should do well in the league annans in tho ,this region seems to be going downhill with producing quality youths these days prob due to no kids playing footie in there spare time these days like it was in my day ,there wasnt a blade of grass round locharbriggs that didnt have a game on it ,havnt seen anything of real quality coming out of this region since ted mcminn .
    Yes indeed Francis. I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but you do so rarely see kids playing football these days. Even I played football pretty much every day when I was a kid and I was no Pele, believe me. Acquiring a new ball when one burst became a real challenge involving everyone chipping in, scrounging cash from wherever.

Yes the lack of kids now playing football is a real concern and does have an impact upon the quality of player available for the national side. I also spent literally ever free minute as a youth playing football in the local parks, street or blocks of garages whatever was free. Watching the recent documentary about the Lisbon Lions showed this clearly. Perhaps there are too many alternatives available to the young today which were not available back then.
    I see Dale Hilson is still a free agent which is somewhat surprising but may simply reflect on his chequered history of getting injured. I wish Dale all the best and hope he gets fixed up soon.

John Baird has signed for Inverness

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    John Baird has signed for Inverness
    Good to hear and that means he will still get the pantomime villain treatment this coming season when he visits Palmerston. Look forward to that.

Owen Moxon has signed for Annan and Connor McManus is on trial at St Mirren after leaving Celtic. I thought Naysmith would have went for him. St Mirren have Hilson on trial too.

Ex Queens defender Craig Barr signs for championship rivals Dumbarton

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Good to hear and that means he will still get the pantomime villain treatment this coming season when he visits Palmerston. Look forward to that.

If only he concentrated more on his game rather than reacting to any shouts from the crowd . He comes across as a complete a@@hole

St Mirren this morning signed Dale Hilson on a 6 month deal . Another one who'll no doubt come back to haunt us

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    St Mirren this morning signed Dale Hilson on a 6 month deal . Another one who'll no doubt come back to haunt us
    Another ex - Doonhamer from last season Grant Anderson had a great debut for the Cleyholers scoring twice in a 5 - nil gubbing of Irish side Larne.

Jim Atkinson signs for Annan Athletic

Not too surprised.

Talking of ex players here's one one down under and enjoying life.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NPKwl...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Ex Queens defender Craig Barr signs for championship rivals Dumbarton
    Formerly of Raith Rovers.....

Dom Thomas, on loan from Motherwell at Queens last season has signed up at Kilmarnock on a 3 year contract.

I wonder if Queens will sign McFadden or Joe Thomson on loan from Celtic?

St Mirren have signed Lovejoy on a two year deal today, so that's the Paisley club with two former Doonhamers in their ranks wjo progressed thru the youth system. Why are Queens not competing in attempting to get former players back to Palmerston? As I stated earlier, will Queens be going for McFadden or Thomson on loan from Celtic?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast