+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Queens players

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    It Ain't No Crime as Billy Joel said.

Do your stuff admin

I simply rest my case on the basis of what has been posted to this particular thread and many more besides.

I see Grant Anderson has signed a 2 year deal at Stranraer

Here was me hoping this would be a thread about ex Queens players. Has Willie Gibson joined a new side yet?

Amended - saw he signed for Peterhead in a thread below.

On another note, how many ex Queens players/managers are involved in management in the Scottish Leagues? This would be interesting to know.
    Last edited by CptQueens; 16-06-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    lol anyways back to the point of smith and hooper getting deals at annan ,probably about the right level for them id say as thay wernt near good enough at championship level ,should do well in the league annans in tho ,this region seems to be going downhill with producing quality youths these days prob due to no kids playing footie in there spare time these days like it was in my day ,there wasnt a blade of grass round locharbriggs that didnt have a game on it ,havnt seen anything of real quality coming out of this region since ted mcminn .
    Yes indeed Francis. I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but you do so rarely see kids playing football these days. Even I played football pretty much every day when I was a kid and I was no Pele, believe me. Acquiring a new ball when one burst became a real challenge involving everyone chipping in, scrounging cash from wherever.

Yes the lack of kids now playing football is a real concern and does have an impact upon the quality of player available for the national side. I also spent literally ever free minute as a youth playing football in the local parks, street or blocks of garages whatever was free. Watching the recent documentary about the Lisbon Lions showed this clearly. Perhaps there are too many alternatives available to the young today which were not available back then.
    I see Dale Hilson is still a free agent which is somewhat surprising but may simply reflect on his chequered history of getting injured. I wish Dale all the best and hope he gets fixed up soon.

John Baird has signed for Inverness

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    John Baird has signed for Inverness
    Good to hear and that means he will still get the pantomime villain treatment this coming season when he visits Palmerston. Look forward to that.

Owen Moxon has signed for Annan and Connor McManus is on trial at St Mirren after leaving Celtic. I thought Naysmith would have went for him. St Mirren have Hilson on trial too.

Ex Queens defender Craig Barr signs for championship rivals Dumbarton

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)