+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan

Thanks Monty .....

A speech like that from you really means something....?

And when you work it out let's be knowing.......

......... because....that was way below your standards and actually shows that YOU know sfa about football.

Btw ........Your slips showing.....

Poker.....read your post again love....unless you use words that have different meanings to the rest of the world.....you may want to edit.....I can only assume you don't read your own stuff..... you should !

First of all do not call me love . Second You said and i quote "we had no money" also a allegation against TS. Can you prove we had "no money" are you privvy to his bank balance ? Er no You might want to edit LOVE . I am bored now having a convo with somebody who has no knowledge of football and probably has never kicked a ball is like having flu. Everybody on hear ,All my mates who go home and away, infact Probaly all off South Yorkshire, even the old guy with the white dog who trawls up my street everyday from the co op KNOWS HE WAS ****ING **** AS A MANAGER.(allegedly) Also i cannot edit if i wanted to .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    First of all do not call me love . Second You said and i quote "we had no money" also a allegation against TS. Can you prove we had "no money" are you privvy to his bank balance ? Er no You might want to edit LOVE . I am bored now having a convo with somebody who has no knowledge of football and probably has never kicked a ball is like having flu. Everybody on hear ,All my mates who go home and away, infact Probaly all off South Yorkshire, even the old guy with the white dog who trawls up my street everyday from the co op KNOWS HE WAS ****ING **** AS A MANAGER.(allegedly) Also i cannot edit if i wanted to .
    What do you mean "Even the old guy with the white dog...?" Why bring me into it Swinton?

Must be another guy my Friend

Poker....if you total the money we spent on players last season and compare that total to the price of one respected - established - championship player....then that would act as a guide to the restraints placed on the Rotherham United manager.

Comparatively speaking that's no money.

Certainly not enough money to build a championship side....but especially when the manager had to replace ALL the players Warnock let go.

Due to the late start in the player search we were very short of players to simply fill squad numbers.

The woeful budget divided by the number of players required meant that budget had to spread very thinly indeed.

But the players bought ( obviously NOT championship standard ) have championship experience now and are young / hungry and good enough to play a significant part this season.

With some decent players ( particularly defence ) brought in - we should be ok..........it's PW's& RB's to cock up - let's hope they don't....cock it it up that is !

LBJ. I think I've asked you this before. But since I can't remember your reply (I'm getting old) can you tell me who from the players Warnock recommend should leave (if in fact he did as obviously we have no proof of this) would you have renewed contract's?

And whilst I agree there is no money in the club to compete at championship level. Other managers seem to manage it. Evans did ok though I didn't like his scatter gun effect. Warnock likewise
    Clough managed it this season
    Barnsley managed it even though they got good payoffs from the ex players sales. the cash came late in the transfer window and I'm not sure they brought many players in after these sales poss Armstrong from Newcastle.
    Theres no getting away from the fact Stubbs bought young league one players. And whilst that is fine for the future he should have loaned 4/5 championship/premier league STD players to get us through this season and retain our championship level
    As I see it he acquired 4 decent players from the 13 he brought in.
    Not good enough is it?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    LBJ.
    As I see it he acquired 4 decent players from the 13 he brought in.
    Not good enough is it?
    Even with that figure you are probably being generous - let's see how the ones who are still at the NYS get on in League One

With respect....

The players still left - they needed replacements before pre-season - a big job to do late on with a small budget.

Other managers didn't have to replace half a squad at short notice....and the core squad that were left were probably championship standard.....Wood - Halford - Kelly - Smallwood let us all down and only Wood left says something.

Burton stuck with Cloughie and the UGLY points he got were their saviour....so many games with points gained at around the 30% possession mark. Rotherham fans were screaming :

"Sh!t possession says it all"

With 60% of wage budget taken up by Old - Old fashioned defenders ( that were unfit for purpose )....How could we have loaned 4/5 genuine championship players.....Not forgetting the time element - the best ones were gone !

The manager was hamstrung from the get go!

Loans of :

Issy - Promoted with Huddersfield
    Fry - World cup winner
    JFC - England youngster - good footballer
    Allan - Gave him a shot - didn't work out
    Adeyemi - Stand out player

Fisher
    Vaulks
    Forde
    Taylor
    Ball

All good buys for the money and should be great this year.

Price - a local keeper - budget buy....

Blackstock - Wilson - we're two tried and tested championship players that we never saw te best of them - although I don't think they got a fair cracking of the whip....on the basis of simple football terms of:

Run in the team.

Poor Service...and the rest

Wrong service....and the rest of the excuses used to describe why multi-million pound players don't work out....but Rotherham fans can't work these things out....

Blackstocks long contract is a mystery...PD & TS must have sanctioned it as "Value for money" was our battle cry then and still is.

With the squad bought on a strict budget
    ( at the last minute ) and designed to play ( let's say ) "The Burton way" and Wood - Kelly - Halford & Smallwood ALL OFF THE PACE.....we were struggling with a new young squad in the CHAMPIONSHIP - a very unforgiving place.

13 games not long enough and just one window to remove the dead WOOD...lol

Oh.....We forget....with the four players mentioned above in the existing squad not up to speed ( only Wood left ) we must also mention....

Captain Kirk and Captain Frecks injured from day one....

That's SIX out of the EXPENSIVE squad Stubbs inherited NOT UP TO CHAMPIONSHIP STANDARD OR CROCKED.

That's a large burden to bear for the newbies. But - they were getting there with good performances praised by :

"Rival boss Rafa Benitez has tipped bottom club Rotherham United to haul themselves out of the Championship drop zone. Benitez’s Newcastle United side beat the Millers 1-0 amid refereeing controversy at sold-out New York Stadium on Saturday. But the Toon manager, who has won the Champions League with Liverpool and has occupied the Real Madrid hot-seat, saw enough from the home side to believe they’re in a false position. “They were pushing and pushing us and with that kind of play they will win games and be higher in the table,” he said. Rotherham put their big-spending visitors under pressure for much of the game and deserved some reward, but were undone by a goal which came as a result of an error by Premier League offical Roger East. The third-placed Magpies scored in the 41st minute through Christian Atsu after a clear two-handed push by Ciaran Clark on home captain Lee Frecklington went unpunished"

There's a lot of information there and many mitigating circumstances that should have given any manager more time....

Issy was dropped by PW ( interim manager ) with KJ for 5 matches - only playing again from Leeds onwards but then the instability and Warne's long term promotion meant Izzy was withdrawn and the rest - as they say - is history.

There was talk of disquiet by some of the players....no doubt - they were toast under Stubbs....and they knew it....and Stubbs was right.

People never see the same match - like different players for varied - and sometimes weird reasons....

My overall thought is ANY manager can't change the whole culture of a club in 13 games....it take time !

So from the ones Warnock got rid off who are you keeping?

I must be reading your reply wrong or I'm getting contradicting brain waves.

The players still left - they needed replacements before pre-season -

and the core squad that were left were probably championship standard.....Wood - Halford - Kelly - Smallwood let us all down

Captain Kirk and Captain Frecks injured from day one....

That's SIX out of the EXPENSIVE squad Stubbs inherited NOT UP TO CHAMPIONSHIP STANDARD OR CROCKED.

Izzy
    Fry
    Adeyemi
    Vaukes were the only decent players he brought in ( championship STD). The rest were sub STD.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast