+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Big news!

Hope you're having a great time CA. I love my annual trip back to good old Rotherham and Blighty in general. Already looking forward to next time :-)

Thanks Sota. Weather here in Wath is almost Floridian.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Sota. Weather here in Wath is almost Floridian.

Sorry to put a bit of a downer on your thread cam, but apart from seeing loved ones etc, you must be depressed to see the state of the town these days...have a look up the top of main street and see the boarded up eyesores.. then have a look at the top of the outside market where the music and fishing tackle shop used to be ..weeds growing everywhere..a town full of charity shops and apart from fridays and saturdays, a ghost town...1 pound 50 to park for an hour with more vulture wardens than parked cars...betting shops full of a certain type sat on bandits (shiny black brylcreemed hair with leather jackets who've had a day off from raiding the canal)... the beautiful towering monumental tesco with its death trap crossing..oh and just out of town the booby trap mini motorway near the (surprise) closed down moulders pub that tries to skittle fans coming from and going back home.. sorry to cheer you up !

millavanilla, it's not just Rotherham. This is England. Well, northern England at least. In my local town the market has closed and the main shopping streets are a mix of empty shops, ecig shops, charity shops and bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    millavanilla, it's not just Rotherham. This is England. Well, northern England at least. In my local town the market has closed and the main shopping streets are a mix of empty shops, ecig shops, charity shops and bookies.

I know that monty, its knacked..but last saturday me and two more got the train from town to donny for £5.60 return each trains every 30 minutes..its another northern town, fair does, but its almost like a city and what an afternoon out..went from 2 till 8 and still never covered all the pubs..( it was a pub crawl)..funnily enough, never saw one boarded up pub or shop and it was thriving..what a quite massive shopping centre all round..lovely chippies, brilliant market, one of the best in yorkshire..loads of other eating places, spoilt for choice..I know parkgate and meadowhall has killed our town but its still a shame, and the people who run it dont seem to have a clue..worksop town centre is now better ( easily) for shopping than rotherham and also retford..always seems strange to me that places like this dont have league football team but have a better town centre..the other day I walked from wellgate to wilko on corporation street..took me 5 minutes..embarrassing. .well it would be if you were showing someone around from another town...weve never expanded, never moved on..all as we are now is a truckstop..

It's easy to see the good or bad in anywhere dependent upon what you're looking for but I must admit compared to Barnsley and Doncaster where I also visited, Rotherham's bad points don't hide themselves very well (or at all really). Other than the boarded up shops I didn't see much to complain about. Throughout my trip I met lots of nice people (of all nationalities) just going about their business, earning a living and having a good time. Seattle, where I live is known as the Emerald City with beautiful mountain and water landscapes and gleaming glass tower blocks but you don't need to search hard to see open drug dealings, homelessness, substance abuse, public urination and defecation, street shootings etc. I'm sure the story is the same in the majority of large towns/cities these days.

Anyway, back over the pond now and here's the proof of my visit to NYS

Name:  image2(1).jpg
Views: 332
Size:  49.0 KB

I thought you'd be older CAM

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's easy to see the good or bad in anywhere dependent upon what you're looking for but I must admit compared to Barnsley and Doncaster where I also visited, Rotherham's bad points don't hide themselves very well (or at all really). Other than the boarded up shops I didn't see much to complain about. Throughout my trip I met lots of nice people (of all nationalities) just going about their business, earning a living and having a good time. Seattle, where I live is known as the Emerald City with beautiful mountain and water landscapes and gleaming glass tower blocks but you don't need to search hard to see open drug dealings, homelessness, substance abuse, public urination and defecation, street shootings etc. I'm sure the story is the same in the majority of large towns/cities these days.

Anyway, back over the pond now and here's the proof of my visit to NYS

Name:  image2(1).jpg
Views: 332
Size:  49.0 KB
    Blimey I know Warney said he was looking to bring in young players and hopefully develop them but this must be a joke.

I'm mean coming on as an impact sub yeah, but no way for the whole 90 minutes.

Me and the grandson sold ourselves as a package to PW with our average age of 29 being just what they were looking for

Talking

test
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by flourbasher; 21-06-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12