+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O'Greedy

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good news
    Millertop have you got a young family,would you work for no wages, no I didn't think so.The same goes for Mark Robin worked his nuts off for Rotherham under extreme circumstances then got called a judas.Who the hell do we think RUFC are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Millertop have you got a young family,would you work for no wages, no I didn't think so.The same goes for Mark Robin worked his nuts off for Rotherham under extreme circumstances then got called a judas.Who the hell do we think RUFC are.
    Lol, although it's no recommendation on MM I always admire your viewpoint. You speak sense. I just don't like these RUFC rrseholes who have no perspective, no judgement and no class. Muppets every one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I don't think that O'Grady was expected to work for no wages. Wages were deferred i.e to be paid later. There was no chance that he wouldn't be paid eventually. The football league have a rule that all football related debts, including players' wages have to be paid first in the event of insolvency (at least they did at that time - I don't know if it has changed since). HMRC, who had at one time been preferential creditors in such cases, didn't like this rule and therefore always voted against any voluntary arrangement, not surprisingly. The clubs/FL got away with this dodgy practice because if the clubs broke the rules they got kicked out of the gang and couldn't trade. Anyway it's safe to say that O'Grady would have got paid eventually. We obviously don't know how desperate he was for his wages to be paid on time but, as he was the only one to refuse the deferment, it's understandable that a lot of people felt let down.

Mark Robins did well for Rotherham, who gave him his start in management, and he got paid what he agreed to work for. I don't know if he worked harder than any other manager. Obviously some fans felt he let the club down by jumping ship but others accepted that he had the right to move to bigger things. I was in the second group and I thought opinion was split about 50/50 - I may be wrong. What I didn't like was the fact that Robins met the Barnsley board, minus the chairman - who was on his hols. They told him the chairman would need to rubber stamp the deal when he got home. Robins came back to TS to say he had probably got the job but would hang about until Barnsley's chairman said yeah or nay. TS was fuming and, quite rightly imo, sent Robins on gardening leave. I thought this showed a lack of respect by Robins and was disgraceful conduct by Barnsley.

All the ones having a go at him would probably not defer there wages if asked by there employer.,

Time to move on I think.
    They are footballers paid to do a job not sure why that's difficult to understand.,

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    All the ones having a go at him would probably not defer there wages if asked by there employer.,

Time to move on I think.
    They are footballers paid to do a job not sure why that's difficult to understand.,
    Exactly, most people on here want everything for nothing or want someone else to pay for it.

The irony

Never judge a man til you've walked in his shoes. At the time when all around us was falling down I was quick to judge O'Grady a coward of the highest order. On reflection he did what was right for his young family and don't let the likes of MT fool us, he probably would have done the same under the circumstances.

As for Mark Robins the truth hasn't been posted on him visiting Barnsley behind Stewarts back. Stewart knew of the scenario and had the position as Chairman to block Robins leaving but let it go through so, who really was to blame for Mark Robins exit?

He's not the only person to have had a family when things were down.

Lol at GMGM, most people on here?

I did move on when he went but asking him to come back for how much? Greedy is a clue, and your on Blackstock back
    Last edited by millertop; 01-07-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He's not the only person to have had a family when things were down.

Lol at GMGM, most people on here?

I did move on when he went but asking him to come back for how much? Greedy is a clue, and your on Blackstock back
    We really need a reliable goalscorer anyway, not an O'Grady type player. When we first signed him, every time he got the ball on the edge of the opposition penalty area he would turn and run back towards the half way line. He did improve a bit later, and scored a few good goals, but he was never a natural goalscorer

Yes just look how many goals he's scored or should I say not scored the last few seasons, move on

Don' want either of the feckers back. No thank you feck off some where else !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast