+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Barry Island meet..... update.

Barry Island meet..... update.

As it stands looks like 7 of us going ,Claw,Gaz,Laz, Rammy, Alto, Bedlington terrier and Mark from Boro.

So on Sat the 5th of Aug how about us meeting up in reception at the Mount rooms at 1700 hrs, this place is highly rated. It is not far from the Premier Inn where the the Terrier is staying, I believe the rest are kipping in the Mount Rooms.

After meeting up a short stroll takes us to the Sir Samuel Romily, a Wetherspoons pub, a free house which is large and comfy with a good range of craft and real ales including John Smiths, ruddles best bitter and Sharps doom bar.

Now i promised to book us in to the really popular Hang Fire southern kitchen but believe it or not it is fully booked on that day despite it being 2 months in advance so I have managed to book all 7 of us in Streets Bresserie, known as the best steakhouse in town with everything cooked to order, reserved for 1930 hrs.

1000hrs Sunday 6th Take a stroll over to the Island and if anyone has missed breakfast John's Cafe on the seafront has been desribed as amazing, no frozen chips hand cut.
    1200hrs Red Arrows display, there will also be a display on the Island of WW2 vehicles and people dressed up for the period. We can be flexible on times just let us know.

Ooooo Claw I knew we needed someone strong and masterful to round these cats n birds up and looks to me you're the man

That all sounds good to me Claw but don't forget we are coming down on Friday 4th August so I guess we can all meet up on the first evening as well?

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat View Post
    That all sounds good to me Claw but don't forget we are coming down on Friday 4th August so I guess we can all meet up on the first evening as well?
    Sounds good to me Laz whoever is down on friday we can as you say meet same time at the Mount rooms.

And Gaz I am not really bossy, it's just the the military side coming out of me, in the Forces we call it time appreciation.

I am hoping to be in the pub for Friday lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I am hoping to be in the pub for Friday lunch time
    I'll be sitting at a window table waiting for you to bring me a Guinness

Consider it done!

Mark from Boro has backed out so one room going spare probably.

To all you old gits who are going to this bird-a-thon, remember there are some blue smartie pills you can buy online.

Got some, white as well as blue now

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast