+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: London fire

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    How sad that this sort of thread gets highjacked by people wanting to either points score in terms of politics or goad other posters!

Really guys......how sad and selfish.

On a serious note,I can't get my head around the lack of regulation in regards to the cladding of these tower blocks,it really is criminally negligent by numerous agencies and regulatory bodies.

Imagine a discussion with F1 racing drivers......"By the way Mr Vettel,your new safety suit has been fitted with a layer of polyethylene plastic along with the inside of your car".

"Oh great,thanks a lot......no point worrying about a cremation for me if I have a crash!!

It's mind boggling stupidity on a multitude of levels.

I rent out a few small houses,the regulation imposed on me as a private individual is increasingly onorus and rightly so,I like a lot of small landlords tread a very careful line with our properties because it's so easy to end up on a manslaughter charge these days.

I don't actually blame the people who fitted the panelling,they have to live with this on their conscience for the rest of their lives,the real blame lies with whoever gave this material a pass mark.....they should be done for manslaughter.

Local government should also be holding builders to a higher level of standard,you can't blame cuts all the time,surely common sense should lead to the correct questions being asked by the planning and building control departments of local govt!?
    It'is'politial'given'the'fact'that'one'in'three'To ry'MP's'are'private'landlords'
    Question'Mick,why'do'rich'and'powerful.people'give 'you'a'hard'on'and'why'do'you'despise'honest'worki ng'folk,

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Very consistent thank you.

I thought you of all people would have detected the sarcasm.

Anyway, I'm off because although the politics was mentioned well before my initial post, looks like that was overlooked and I seem to be getting the blame for it all.
    It'did'cross'my'mind'but'you'are'so'hard'to'fathom .Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It'is'politial'given'the'fact'that'one'in'three'To ry'MP's'are'private'landlords'
    Question'Mick,why'do'rich'and'powerful.people'give 'you'a'hard'on'and'why'do'you'despise'honest'worki ng'folk,
    That comment is an absolute disgrace Des.

Sometimes you come right out of left field with ridiculous notions and this is one of them.

My one grandad was a postman,the other a bus driver and my one nan worked behind a bar until she was 80 years old....I was proud of them as a kid and I am now.

The rest of my family were Durham coal miners....grafters every one of them.

Don't judge me by the fact I vote Tory,I voted twice for Blair.

You've really gone too far on this one Des,we've met a few times and I liked and respected you.

Sometimes you come right out of left field with ridiculous notions and this is one of them.

My one grandad was a postman,the other a bus driver and my one nan worked behind a bar until she was 80 years old....I was proud of them as a kid and I am now.

You've really gone too far on this one Des,we've met a few times and I liked and respected you.

Think everyone needs to calm down. There are many view points. Everyone agrees both the bombings and this fire were absolutely tragic but then other comments are taken out of context. I have added without any disrepect, it's rich for Corbyn to cuddle up to the victims of the fire, but the same "love" was not shown in Manchester or to any other terrorist victims. Is that anything to do with his past associations with the IRA?

You are then hearing mosques are coming out and heckling the PM - http://news.sky.com/story/pms-admiss...ckler-10918960 and many storming the town halls. Did these same people shout out when 22 people were slaughtered in Manchester ( mainly kids )? Many are saying this, and if there had been so much anger about the Manchester/London bombings which is yesterdays news, perhaps the country would do more to route out this evil. Sadly we will wait for the next.

I have contributed generously yesterday to the London Fire as it's absolutely tragic, and welcome anyone who is contributing and giving a welcoming hand. I do not like those who jump on the band wagon, and scream abuse about the fire but failed to show the same outpouring of aggression/sentiments to the bombings. Both the fire and bombings were equally as tragic, and a public investigation must be done with both i.e banning the cladding/ making safety improvements and throwing out/closing mosques/social media sites who contribute to hate. That's my view and that of many others, so do I care if anyone does not like it? No.

PS - incredible how emotions run higher over one incident over the other. Both are tragic, and again the same outpouring of rage needs to be shown about them both, especially from different communities.

A real shame is this tragedy. Two questions. Why was there a woman living in those flats with 6 children? And why was the 1st named victim a Syrian refugee living in those flats when we have people sleeping in the streets and have fallen on hard times? And people who have been waiting forever on the housing list.
    Actually a 3rd question. How many people were living in those flats legally.

In all the conjecture as to how the fire started and why it spread so rapidly, we must try to avoid making jerk reactions. I fully understand why survivors, family and friends want answers to this shocking tragedy and it is easy for those of us, like myself, who lives in a tiny village in Leicetershire, making this type of statement. However, nothing is to be gained by throwing wild accusations at every agency or individual until all the facts are fully known. Unfortunately this will take time and only then, when the matter has been fully investigated, can a judgement be made and those responsible, if there is guilt, be punished. I must repeat though, that if you have been directly involved, it must be extremely difficult to be able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    It'did'cross'my'mind'but'you'are'so'hard'to'fathom .Apologies
    There is absolutely no need to apologise, written text can easily be misinterpreted.

Unfortunately it can also be twisted to suit but that's certainly not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    In all the conjecture as to how the fire started and why it spread so rapidly, we must try to avoid making jerk reactions. I fully understand why survivors, family and friends want answers to this shocking tragedy and it is easy for those of us, like myself, who lives in a tiny village in Leicetershire, making this type of statement. However, nothing is to be gained by throwing wild accusations at every agency or individual until all the facts are fully known. Unfortunately this will take time and only then, when the matter has been fully investigated, can a judgement be made and those responsible, if there is guilt, be punished. I must repeat though, that if you have been directly involved, it must be extremely difficult to be able to do this.

Agree with this Leicester! Still say though, whilst I have generously contributed to both the fire and bombings, the start of the thread was about very little comment about grief, and questioned whether it was about race. That is nonsense as this tragic fire has received more headlines than the slaughtering of kids in Manchester with headlines of murderers - PM being abused - riots - and crowds storming the town halls. Perhaps, the same consistency should be shown to two/three tragic incidents, and the voice of certain communities is coming across more loud and clear over one incident i.e the fire than the bombings. Why is this? Still do not get the love in for a terrorist sympathizer i.e Corbyn milking the horrific fire incident, over anything terror related - some would say that's sick, and others may say that's milking PR for beneficial gain.

You can't have your cake and eat it! Both the fire and bombings and equally as tragic, and the loud voice should be shouted out for - what is the government going to do about it, as opposed to some communities shouting more over one incident and staying more silent over the other. Should Politicians not go to the scene as one, rather than scoring points over each other?

But'you'are'the'one'who'champion'people'like'Princ e'Philip'a'bloke'who'can't'even'dress'himself'or'w ipe'his'own'arse'while'admitting'you'take'photo's' of'council'workers'having'a'break.I'am'middle'of't he'road'it's'you'who'are'so'far'to'the'right'you's ee'communists'everywherel.Blair'is'a'Tory'and'war' criminal'by'the'way.

Moderators this is getting so far removed from the original....it's time to knock this thread on the head.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)