+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: London fire

Regis, I care a lot about many things. I used to do this and do that, even set up a charity and worked my socks off. NOTHING CHANGES. So I quietly care but no big show, no protests no look at me look how much I care, been there done it and wore out countless T shirts. Its a terrible tragedy, and there will be countless others on all fronts, terrorism, bad business practice cost cutting and killing people because of it....you name it...save the whale...save the planet...ban Ivory hunting etc,etc.
    People are incapable of ruling people. Centuries of proof.

Two'words,privatisation,profit.
    Nothing'more,need,be,said.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Two'words,privatisation,profit.
    Nothing'more,need,be,said.
    But only God knows how much worse this tragedy would have been if Corbyn was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    But only God knows how much worse this tragedy would have been if Corbyn was in charge.

Don't know why all the abuse at Theresa May. Corbyn has milked the PR by cuddling up to the victims. Pity, he does not cuddle up to the victims of IRA atrocities but then again, he supported these terrorists.

The fire is absolutely tragic but making bigger headlines than the scumbag who killed many kids who went to a kids concert. Should all these same protesters with placards, running into town halls and marching through London, not be doing the same to stop future scumbags attacking innocent kids again. Seems these bombings are yesterdays news which is heartbreaking. I hope though these victims of the fire get justice through a in depth investigation and no stone is left onturned.

My heart goes out to the tragic families who have lost loved ones in this terrible fire.

RIP the poor souls who have passed.

On another note I never subscribed to banning anyone but, that scum dingle's post is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Instead of leaving a respectful message of condolence, he leaves one to antagonise Baggieal.

Even a sensitive thread as such cannot stop this degenerate from his only pass time, trying to get a rise from posters.

Beautiful day.

Is he out with his "kids "?

No, he's on here trying to get a rise.

The lowest of the low!

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    yeah,he'would'have,probably'been'the'one
    who'started'it.
    But'as,you'said'he's'not'in'so'just'conjecture.
    Not'very'consistent'in'your'views'are'you

How sad that this sort of thread gets highjacked by people wanting to either points score in terms of politics or goad other posters!

Really guys......how sad and selfish.

On a serious note,I can't get my head around the lack of regulation in regards to the cladding of these tower blocks,it really is criminally negligent by numerous agencies and regulatory bodies.

Imagine a discussion with F1 racing drivers......"By the way Mr Vettel,your new safety suit has been fitted with a layer of polyethylene plastic along with the inside of your car".

"Oh great,thanks a lot......no point worrying about a cremation for me if I have a crash!!

It's mind boggling stupidity on a multitude of levels.

I rent out a few small houses,the regulation imposed on me as a private individual is increasingly onorus and rightly so,I like a lot of small landlords tread a very careful line with our properties because it's so easy to end up on a manslaughter charge these days.

I don't actually blame the people who fitted the panelling,they have to live with this on their conscience for the rest of their lives,the real blame lies with whoever gave this material a pass mark.....they should be done for manslaughter.

Local government should also be holding builders to a higher level of standard,you can't blame cuts all the time,surely common sense should lead to the correct questions being asked by the planning and building control departments of local govt!?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    How sad that this sort of thread gets highjacked by people wanting to either points score in terms of politics or goad other posters!

On a serious note,I can't get my head around the lack of regulation in regards to the cladding of these tower blocks,it really is criminally negligent by numerous agencies and regulatory bodies.

Imagine a discussion with F1 racing drivers......"By the way Mr Vettel,your new safety suit has been fitted with a layer of polyethylene plastic along with the inside of your car".

"Oh great,thanks a lot......no point worrying about a cremation for me if I have a crash!!

I rent out a few small houses,the regulation imposed on me as a private individual is increasingly onorus and rightly so,I like a lot of small landlords tread a very careful line with our properties because it's so easy to end up on a manslaughter charge these days.

I don't actually blame the people who fitted the panelling,they have to live with this on their conscience for the rest of their lives,the real blame lies with whoever gave this material a pass mark.....they should be done for manslaughter.

Local government should also be holding builders to a higher level of standard,you can't blame cuts all the time,surely common sense should lead to the correct questions being asked by the planning and building control departments of local govt!?

Agree with all this. Seems the cladding was banned in other countries and thought our safety regulations were amongst the best in the world! I am glad May is calling for a full investigation and those responsible ( if any ) should be brought to justice and if the cladding is the cause of the blame, then other places need to be made safe immediately. Someone also needs to get all these people re-housed immediately, but then this not not help the poor souls who have perished. Don't like though, fingers being pointed at May, although don't particular like her, especially when other politicians are trying to score points from this tragic disaster. Everyone should pull together as one with politics left out of it. Every effort should be made to help those that need help immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    yeah,he'would'have,probably'been'the'one
    who'started'it.
    But'as,you'said'he's'not'in'so'just'conjecture.
    Not'very'consistent'in'your'views'are'you
    Very consistent thank you.

I thought you of all people would have detected the sarcasm.

Anyway, I'm off because although the politics was mentioned well before my initial post, looks like that was overlooked and I seem to be getting the blame for it all.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Planning departments have little, if any, involvement or say over detailed constructional issues such as this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)