shopify analytics
+ Visit Derby County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Terry

John Terry

Looks like John Terry has passed a medical at Birmingham City and will receive a pay packet of 100,000 per week to play for them.

Could still be time for a quick hijack move for Terry from us, love to see him captain our side and receive his experience to help guide us towards promotion next season.

Could be the best 4.5 million Birmingham have ever spent!

And he gets to play in blue still

Simply Terry...

I seem to remember that signing Ferdinand by QPR did nothing to enhance their performances! A club could sign a minimum of 3 quality championship players for the price of Terry, I imagine it does nothing for dressing room harmony and when he gets crocked or fails to perform he will be an expensive bench warmer of medical room occupant.

I'm very glad we haven't gone down the giving an old pro a last payday!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I seem to remember that signing Ferdinand by QPR did nothing to enhance their performances! A club could sign a minimum of 3 quality championship players for the price of Terry, I imagine it does nothing for dressing room harmony and when he gets crocked or fails to perform he will be an expensive bench warmer of medical room occupant.

I'm very glad we haven't gone down the giving an old pro a last payday!
    I think in a way we have done that with Curtis Davies, I know he's not as good as Terry and wages won't be as high but he's on his way out and will be a big earner!

MoP If you had watched Terrys last three appearances for Chelsea would probably think differently he looked really dodgy I will take Davies any day over him

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MoP If you had watched Terrys last three appearances for Chelsea would probably think differently he looked really dodgy I will take Davies any day over him
    Why would anyone take John Terry on 100k a week at 36 , 37 in December ,unless they think his name will sell the club better.
    On purely football on the pitch its madness to pay that sort of money .I don't think he's that good anymore.

I agree, what I've seen of him recently for Chelsea, he looks a liability.

Typical Redknapp idea, he broke Portsmouth by overspending a small time club.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I think in a way we have done that with Curtis Davies, I know he's not as good as Terry and wages won't be as high but he's on his way out and will be a big earner!
    Davies is 32, has championship experience and played regulary and well for Hull last season, Terry is 36 I think there is a big difference!

John Terry was seen playing gold with Steve Bruce, so he could decide to not move to Birmingham City and instead join their rivals Aston Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    But perhaps that was the top level. A whole world of differences between attackers in the Prem and the Championship

Romanis Yes your probably right surprised your lot have not offered him 100,000 a week have I been dreaming or didn't you have him on loan at one time
    😉😉

Bit like David Beckham going to LA Galaxy to make a name for himself in America but instead of making a name for himself in America for John Terry it will be the Championship. We just have to see how he fares if he decides to take up the opportunity.

and yet---- 10 days on, he has still not signed

Whoever signs him will have a decent defense, Captain, warrior, organiser, and the most experienced defender in the Championship! IMO like! Would take him over any defender we have!

Aston Villa set to tie up John Terry to bring him to Villa Park on a 5m, one-year deal that includes huge bonuses, if he helps them gain promotion back to the Premier League this weekend.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-john-10698510

Top signing for them...

We bought Dave Mackay at a similar age but he was several classes above John Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    We bought Dave Mackay at a similar age but he was several classes above John Terry
    It reminds me of the quote on the film, when Jim Broadbent says 'Dave Mackay? Hes broken more effin bones than Evil the Knieval.'
    Or words to that effect lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Aston Villa set to tie up John Terry to bring him to Villa Park on a 5m, one-year deal that includes huge bonuses, if he helps them gain promotion back to the Premier League this wrekend
    Cannot see him getting much of a bonus if the criteria is returning to the premier league by Monday???

Another strawberry haze infused bollux post

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Possible Derby's best ever buy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast