shopify analytics
+ Visit Aberdeen FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Miles Storey

Miles Storey

Despite the elation of Deek staying, still very gutted in losing McGinn and Hayes principally ( especially to the pigs). Hayes was a great player for us and will be sorely missed helping out in midfield/ defence and scoring vital goals but as a winger his weakness was his crossing into the box. His main strength was his speed though which would help to stretch the opposing defence, so with that in mind I really hope we give Storey a chance on the right side of midfield next season if just for his speed alone. I was really pleased when we signed him but for whatever reasons has never had a chance to shine. There's definitely a player in there somewhere.

to be fair, i think most of us are hoping he can be used as a bargaining chip only. we need players who can bring something to the party.

I think you will find Scott Wright brings much more to the party than Storey and I will be amazed if Storey is still here in August
    Mcinnes just plainly doesn't rate him

Miles was the only one at Pittodrie who was gutted to hear McInnes was staying 😱

surely we can try and use him as bargaining chip with st.j, ross c or ict for one of their better players?

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_kennedy_tache View Post
    Despite the elation of Deek staying, still very gutted in losing McGinn and Hayes principally ( especially to the pigs). Hayes was a great player for us and will be sorely missed helping out in midfield/ defence and scoring vital goals but as a winger his weakness was his crossing into the box. His main strength was his speed though which would help to stretch the opposing defence, so with that in mind I really hope we give Storey a chance on the right side of midfield next season if just for his speed alone. I was really pleased when we signed him but for whatever reasons has never had a chance to shine. There's definitely a player in there somewhere.
    Couldn't disagree more.
    He's not good enough and the Dons shirt is clearly "too big for him".
    We need to try & off load him & I think he'll be gone to a Partick or a Kilmarnock.
    Maybe try & do a deal with Partick for Storey & cash for Lindsay.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart_kennedy_tache View Post
    It's a good shout.
    He often played down the left and cutting in.
    I thought last year he was brought in with the expectation that Hayes was moving on.
    Maybe he'll get a run and play better with returned confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It's a good shout.
    He often played down the left and cutting in.
    I thought last year he was brought in with the expectation that Hayes was moving on.
    Maybe he'll get a run and play better with returned confidence.
    I seem to remeber him playing against us for ICT at Pittodrie , and sspeeding down left side. Got in behind defence a few times and looked dangerous.
    Suits a counterattacking defensive team , wwould have been useful back in the Flood/Robson pre Rooney team. Certainly has not had any game time for us to see if he could push on today. But maybe that``s because Deek has not seen enough in training .

Who knows ? What about Stockley too. i think we`ll see him play a few games more this season. Depends whether he can keep his elbows tucked in enough !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    But maybe that``s because Deek has not seen enough in training
    Or maybe because Hayes was seen as a more natural out and out wide player who added more with his defensive duties as well.
    There may be a role for him yet.

I've seen Storey play a bunch more for ICT than us and the best I remember him playing was when he played more like an inside left than a winger, canna recall the game, but it was one of those games myriad of games in Inverness that we just got bullied.