+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Realistic team that could win championship

Realistic team that could win championship

Here's a decent line up that's would do well in the Championship and cost next to nothing.

Gk, Bell
    LB, Scobbie
    CB, Edginguele
    CB, Durnan
    RB Caddis - free
    LM King
    CM Allardice
    CM Fyvie - free
    RM Dayton - free
    CF Keatings
    CF Mikkelsen
    Subs
    Gk, Long , Robson, Murdoch, Flood , Franks -free, McMullan on loan from Celtic, Fraser ,Higginbotham - free Greig Spence - free, Grant Holt -free
    Last edited by Tannadicebunnet; 20-06-2017 at 09:51 AM.

I'm surprised at all this talk of Mikkelsen. He has another year left on his contract at OB. If Caddis is realistic, then so is Stephen O'Donnell (ex-Partick), who is a far better option for me. Not sure about Franks, and Higginbotham is an absolute rocket. Spence has signed for the Rovers. The boy McMullan might be a reasonable signing from what little I've seen. His contract's actually up, I believe. Depends on whether Celtic want release him or claim a development fee.

I get your point, though, you could put together a reasonable side purely on free transfers. It's worth pointing out the boy Chris Johnston's contract has expired. Tidy, talented wee player.

[QUOTE=bobafett;38565224]I'm surprised at all this talk of Mikkelsen. He has another year left on his contract at OB. If Caddis is realistic, then so is Stephen O'Donnell (ex-Partick), who is a far better option for me. Not sure about Franks, and Higginbotham is an absolute rocket. Spence has signed for the Rovers. The boy McMullan might be a reasonable signing from what little I've seen. His contract's actually up, I believe. Depends on whether Celtic want release him or claim a development fee.

I get your point, though, you could put together a reasonable side purely on free transfers. It's worth pointing out the boy Chris Johnston's contract has expired. Tidy, talented wee player.[/QUOTE

Agree Stephen O'Donnell would be a good signing. Shame about Spence being snapped up, he could have been a good sub for us. The Mikkelsen deal could still happen though as his own club aren't too keen on him. Already seeing that the talented free transfers being snapped up by other clubs just hope we don't miss out on guys that would improve our squad

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    The Mikkelsen deal could still happen though as his own club aren't too keen on him.
    There's a reason his own club aren't too keen on him...He's phuckin ****e!!

I thought he did OK. The service he got was pretty dire. I doubt there will be a better out-and-out striker in the league than him next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    There's a reason his own club aren't too keen on him...He's phuckin ****e!!
    Players like Mikkelson are coached from an early age abroad to play in a certain way - and that does not include chasing long aimless punts up the field! So blame the way we played, not the player?

He proved on several occasions that if you give him the right crosses to move onto he will score.

Gk Bell
    Rb Devlin
    Lb Scobbie
    Cb Edjenguele
    Cb Durnan
    Rm King
    Cm Fyvie
    Cm Buaben
    Lm Fraser/new winger
    Fd Keatings
    Fd Mikkelson/Target Man

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Players like Mikkelson are coached from an early age abroad to play in a certain way - and that does not include chasing long aimless punts up the field! So blame the way we played, not the player?

He proved on several occasions that if you give him the right crosses to move onto he will score.
    Nah, not having that. Yes the service he received was honking but that doesn't excuse his lack of pace and the fact he spends more time on his arse than his feet!

Murray was also gash but managed 18 goals with the same ****e service!

Yeah but Murray was involved in 50 games. Mikkelsen in 26. 18 goals in 50 and 8 goals in 26 gives almost same goals to game ratio

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

The right service, ie Murray and Dixon who provided great service on those occasions from the left!

As for Higginbotham i would have in my team! The lad was a constant thorn in our side when we played Dunfermline. Just the type of player we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    Nah, not having that. Yes the service he received was honking but that doesn't excuse his lack of pace and the fact he spends more time on his arse than his feet!

Murray was also gash but managed 18 goals with the same ****e service!
    Mikkelsen scored 8 goals since pretty much the end of January, plus provided a few assists. Good striker with the right service and much more composed than Murray, I genuinely wonder what fans like you expect at this level?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The right service, ie Murray and Dixon who provided great service on those occasions from the left!

As for Higginbotham i would have in my team! The lad was a constant thorn in our side when we played Dunfermline. Just the type of player we need.
    Defo with Higginbotham, he would do a good job for us

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Mikkelsen scored 8 goals since pretty much the end of January, plus provided a few assists. Good striker with the right service and much more composed than Murray, I genuinely wonder what fans like you expect at this level?
    Got to agree with this. We could do a lot worse than Mikkelson but could we do better? I very much doubt it.

A good target man and given the right service he will score goals. He also has a good football brain and won us lots of fouls with his "cute" play.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Agree with this. He could bag loads of goals for us next season, but needs to become more robust physically.

Chris Johnston is an excellent shout. Well within or budget and adds lots of pace

If we sign that tool higginbotham i'm out -he's a f ucking arsehole and he's sh1te

it shows we are grubbing and scraping the bottom of the desperation barrel

Chris Johnston most definitely and premiership quality. Knows how to beat a man, only can think he has other options as I think we would have heard about a move by now. Higginbotham, my son thinks he is a good player certainly at this level, but it's all about opinions!