+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spittal Quote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spittal Quote

Partick Thistle's new signing Blair Spittal says he chose to move to the Firhill club because of their attractive brand of football. 😂😂😂😂

The 21-year-old signed a two-year deal with the Jags on Thursday after spending three seasons with Dundee United.

He revealed he did have the option to stay on at Tannadice but opted to move to Partick instead as soon as he was aware of their interest.

Speaking to STV he said: "Having played against them over the past couple of years they play an attractive brand of football, they try and get the ball down and play - playing the right way - so that was a big factor in it.

"I had the option to stay at United but as soon as I heard Partick were in for me I wanted to come here."

"As soon as I heard Partick were in for me I wanted to go"
    Never in my life I thought I'd hear a departing player from United say that 🙁

On the flip side tho glad he's gone because he was sh1te ☺

This is where we are now. The longer we stay in this league the harder it's going to get competing with the likes of the Thistle's , Motherwell's and Killie's etc for players. It's hard enough when we were in the top league and we payed them decent money as you seem to find that the players tend to prefer living around the central belt area as to staying in the North East.

"I had the option to stay at United but as soon as I heard Partick were in for me I wanted to come here."
    Glad he's off now, what a minter!
    Not surprised though, seems to be a trend with departing players having a wee bitch about DUFC.

****e player with a loser mentality, wont be missed

Quote Originally Posted by bawbagg View Post
    Hole in one.

Quote Originally Posted by bawbagg View Post
    Correct

Sad times indeed, losing out to Patrick Thistle....

Would be even sadder if we were losing a decent player to them!

All the best Blair but you were BANG PHUCKING AVERAGE throughout your time here.

Likely offered a 1 year deal on reduced terms from United and preferred the security of the 2 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Sad times indeed, losing out to Patrick Thistle....

Would be even sadder if we were losing a decent player to them!

All the best Blair but you were BANG PHUCKING AVERAGE throughout your time here.
    I'd have to say that if I was a thistle fan I'd be pissing myself laughing at us right now. Talk about going full circle ffs! Remember when we were poaching their management team and picking off their best players ( paton and Erskine lol)

Basically wants to be closer to where he is from and has chose a comfortable option for him at a club with zero pressure and a much smaller club than DUFC

Having been thinking it would be good to keep him, long term maybe better we have people with much more character and the character to deal with the expectations at United which are higher than most clubs in the country, still a good signing for Thistle but we need better characters than him

He could hardly say
    " I'm frightened to put in a tackle, I'll chase back but do hee haw as I've as much pace as Chris Erskine, I cannae cross and the home fans had sussed me as being single fish.. So I'm delighted to be getting another club to pay me a wage. It'll beat being booed in front of the George Fox for another 3 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspar View Post
    He could hardly say
    " I'm frightened to put in a tackle, I'll chase back but do hee haw as I've as much pace as Chris Erskine, I cannae cross and the home fans had sussed me as being single fish.. So I'm delighted to be getting another club to pay me a wage. It'll beat being booed in front of the George Fox for another 3 years"
    And why not!! Goodness me, what is it about telling the truth that everyone is averse to it these days?

Hard to fathem that he was linked with a big money move to hull not that long ago!

Anyone 'shed' any light on whether we get a development fee for him or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandeman View Post
    Hard to fathem that he was linked with a big money move to hull not that long ago!

Anyone 'shed' any light on whether we get a development fee for him or not?
    I don't think so. We would need to have offered another contract of at least similar terms to what he was on.

Criticism of spittal on here is crazy. One of the better players over last couple of years.

He's got some quality and letting him go without any fee is crazy.

Are people forgetting his goals against the fun, the play offs and his last minute goal against st Mirren - he showed how he cared then with celebration.

Gutted that any decent young player we get we can't keep. He would have been an asset again next season. Totally inept we let him go for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Criticism of spittal on here is crazy. One of the better players over last couple of years.

He's got some quality and letting him go without any fee is crazy.

Are people forgetting his goals against the fun, the play offs and his last minute goal against st Mirren - he showed how he cared then with celebration.

Gutted that any decent young player we get we can't keep. He would have been an asset again next season. Totally inept we let him go for nothing
    The boy was ****ing chronic. Another with loser mentality. No heart, no fight, no pace, wouldn't tackle, couldn't cross. So he celebrated when he scored, big deal. Had about 6 good games in his entire time playing for us. A few goals against the Fun and 3 or 4 at the end of the season is absolutely no reason to be keeping him.

The good matches named just happen to be big matches, like the play offs.

He is only 21 year old lad. More quality than most in our team last season.

Our team were pretty poor fair enough but he was one of the better ones

Fearing what will be left next season

keatings and king are both improvements and actually have pace

Which highlights exactly what Spittals problem is. Where was he when we were in the dogfights against the Ayrs, Dumbartons etc etc? Hiding like the rest of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast