+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New ideas for the game?

New ideas for the game?

Some are a bit silly I suppose but there is one comment on here that me and a couple of work colleagues were talking about earlier this week.

About 60 minutes of "effective playing time" out of 90.

Go back 30-40 years and I wonder if that statistic would be different due to the fact referees would let a hard tackle, no, ANY tackle go and there weren't so many girls in the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40311889

There's nothing wrong with two halves of 45 minutes. I do think the clock and a newly introduced stadium clock should be paused when a stoppage occurs.

I can't say i agree with these two:

a keeper who handles a backpass or throw-in from a team-mate concedes a penalty.

the referee can award a goal if a player stops a goal being scored by handling on or close to the goal-line.

Nothing wrong with how it is now for the second one, award a penalty, the ball has to cross the line, regardless of a player handling it.

If that stat is correct, it means that for every two games you watch, you are spending a whole hour watching no football

I could crack a cheap gag about that but it looks like I'm already in a bit of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    If that stat is correct, it means that for every two games you watch, you are spending a whole hour watching no football

I could crack a cheap gag about that but it looks like I'm already in a bit of trouble.
    I will add one then!

One hour less for the bennies having to wear a neck brace.

I've often wondered how West Bromwich Albion would fare under a Corbyn led government

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    I've often wondered how West Bromwich Albion would fare under a Corbyn led government
    For starters, i reckon they would still claim victory, even after a defeat.

Edit: Sorry, I meant lol.
    Last edited by Newcy Wolf; 17-06-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Middle aged and needing to act like a teen again.

Stopping'the'clock'would'be'good'but'40'min'each'w ay.
    An'extra'point'for'every'goal'above'4'woud'be'inte resting

I'd probably also add that no points for a goalless draw, sides would then have to come out and try and get something from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    I'd probably also add that no points for a goalless draw, sides would then have to come out and try and get something from the game.
    Well, that would make sandwell a certainty for the drop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)