shopify analytics
+ Visit Newcastle United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: I think we should all boycott....

  1. #1

    I think we should all boycott....

    this site until Pat and Pboro stop their childish arguments, act like men and just ignore each others posts. I'm not going to bother posting until it happens so I'm expecting to have to go to another site. See you (hopefully just for a short time). Its a bit like football hooliganism - the minority spoil it for the majority.

  2. #2
    I wouldn't let the antics on this site by certain posters put you off from contributing Bob, it's childish nonsense, just let it go over your head man. It seems they feed off other posters getting upset by their school yard fighting.

  3. #3
    It is ridiculous, like. And before either of you start with the 'well I just respond to him' or 'he starts it, I'm just pointing out', etc, etc why not take this as an opportunity to start again. Stop it with the sly digs, P'boro and Pat stop responding.

    And don't bother replying to this thread-start ignoring each other now.

    grown men man, ffs.

    And Bob, stick around, man.

  4. #4
    Well said Zip.

    Aye, stick around bob don't let yourself be driven off.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It is ridiculous, like. And before either of you start with the 'well I just respond to him' or 'he starts it, I'm just pointing out', etc, etc why not take this as an opportunity to start again. Stop it with the sly digs, P'boro and Pat stop responding.

    And don't bother replying to this thread-start ignoring each other now.

    grown men man, ffs.

    And Bob, stick around, man.
    That's exactly as it was and that suits me. You won't hear anything from me trying to provoke him first and indeed you didn't in the past. My last words on the subject.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    You won't hear anything from me trying to provoke him first and indeed you didn't in the past.
    Well apart from starting threads calling him out? I know why you do so and can understand, too and often agree with you but it just doesn't help. Mind, I've got to say I agree with him sometimes (just not nearly as often )

    Anyway, hopefully that's all done.

    Look, sites like ours are a microcosm of society where you'll come across a wide range of views-some of which you'll agree with, some of which you won't and posters won't always get on. But, there have got to be better ways of disagreeing with each other than some of the stuff that's hoyed around on here. Unfortunately we don't have as many posters as we used to and Bob's one of the best on here so if the constant squabbling is making folk like him think of fecking off-even if only for a while-then you've got to think 'hang on, what's actually going on here...?'

    Anyhoo, I'm in danger of falling off me high horse and disappearing up me own arse so I'll shut up.

  7. #7
    TBH their squabbling doesn't bother me that much because I don't bother reading threads where they are arguing. The only problem is when they spoil existing threads. Maybe we should have a sticky thread for them to argue on!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Trimdon station.
    Posts
    1,568
    You'll always get arguing and bickering on any sites, football or other.
    There's been a lot more than just Pboro and pat arguing. Many posters have baited pboro and then went into a frenzy when he's given it back.
    People don't like him because he has plenty to say.
    Guess what?
    What makes forums what they are, are people like pboro and even pat, plus the variation of other posters.

    The major issue with forums like this is only having one area to argue a case that becomes a bit more heated, kind of thing.
    There was an off topic part before but people still moaned about it and it was taken away.

    I'm pretty sure one could be re-instated and even called angry ranting or whatever or off topic/rants or something along that line.
    It matters not whether only a few people use it. The purpose is for it to take non-football banter away from the main forum but let's people know that there is a place to click on that they can air their rants with each other under much much less strict moderation.

    And before anyone says it doesn't work. What's not to work?
    It's a place to take more tasty discussions which could also be set with a 18 or over stamp so that the main football forum can be for all ages.

    It's not hard to implement and can be forgotten about by those that just want to stick to football banter and of course, any mod can easily transfer a topic to it if it's not football related.

    You see, here's the key to it all.
    This forum struggles as it is for posters. People argue that it struggles because of people like Pboro. I absolutely disagree.
    It struggles because there isn't enough people like pboro and I don't mean arguing with pat. I mean in general with his banter, whether people believe him or not or whether they take offence at his little fun digs at geordies, etc.

    The fact is he's prolific and he's funny as well as argumentative and controversial. He's a mix of everything and it makes a board readable.
    There's plenty of posters I enjoy on here as well as pboro.

    The trouble with this forum is, mud sticks and a posse is always at the ready and pboro is usually on the end of it at 90% fury and pat generally gets the 10% from some that can see that it always takes two to tango.

    This is a football forum and it has very few posters. It could have more and I'm sure that's the whole point of it.
    Will it get more by just talking about Newcastle United and having little else? NO.
    Will it gain more traffic by moderators pandering to the whim's of moaners who get offended by one or two posters but those very same posters are more than happy to see their offending posters getting torn up by a posse of other posters that they confer with.
    It stinks of hypocrisy and downright bullying, coupled with blackmail.

    Posters threatening to leave unless other posters are dealt with or banished.

    Let me put this in bold and capitals for those who moan that their little ring-o- ring-o-roses party is being gatecrashed.

    THERE IS AN IGNORE FEATURE ON THIS SITE. A REAL IGNORE FEATURE THAT ANYONE IS FREE TO USE SO THEY DO NOT SEE THEIR OFFENDING POSTER. WHY DON'T YOU USE IT INSTEAD OF CRYING ABOUT A FEW PEOPLE ARGUING.

    pboro and pat are two prolific posters, as I've said. They bicker, as I've said. They will have digs whenever the situation arises.
    Let them get on with it by giving them a place to do it, same for all who want air clearance.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 19-06-2017 at 06:47 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    That's exactly as it was and that suits me. You won't hear anything from me trying to provoke him first and indeed you didn't in the past. My last words on the subject.
    so when you say you don't provoke
    look at the last thread that was closed down and ask yourself an honest question
    do you think that was provocative

    my last word on this

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxted, Surrey
    Posts
    17,699
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    so when you say you don't provoke
    look at the last thread that was closed down and ask yourself an honest question
    do you think that was provocative

    my last word on this
    Pboro I don't want to carry this on and ruin another pot as you do but below is a copy of your last post POST 20 on the thread you refer to

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    pat
    if you had said pboro prove to me when i hace accused you of getting a ban i would have entered the debate in the manor in which it was raised

    to do say saying im not man enough is just starting a thread looking for an argument however its interpreted

    i wont be entering into any threads you strt going forward
    however if i have a differance of opinion on another thread i will voice that

    siusing such words as cowardly lie
    you are a drama queeen
    and to be fare the mods are rather sick and tired of you constant need to prove things like a littl spoilt kid always wanting to have the last say

    get a life and block me please

    buy im of to the pub with me kids

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

    Pboro I repeat, don't want to carry this on and ruin another post like you do but the TRUTH IS IMPORTANT. here is a copy of your last post No 20 on the thread you refer to


    Many many times during the last few weeks you have jibed and said I have tried to get you banned and MANY times I have asked you to prove it and you have ignored.

    The other honest posters on here must be sick of me repeating it.

    Why don't or can't you admit you are just an out and out liar and fantasy liver. Simply lokk back on previous posts for the truth..

    I will just leave it now to the others to decide and post on this thread no more.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Pboro I don't want to carry this on and ruin another pot as you do but below is a copy of your last post POST 20 on the thread you refer to

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    pat
    if you had said pboro prove to me when i hace accused you of getting a ban i would have entered the debate in the manor in which it was raised

    to do say saying im not man enough is just starting a thread looking for an argument however its interpreted

    i wont be entering into any threads you strt going forward
    however if i have a differance of opinion on another thread i will voice that

    siusing such words as cowardly lie
    you are a drama queeen
    and to be fare the mods are rather sick and tired of you constant need to prove things like a littl spoilt kid always wanting to have the last say

    get a life and block me please

    buy im of to the pub with me kids

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

    Pboro I repeat, don't want to carry this on and ruin another post like you do but the TRUTH IS IMPORTANT. here is a copy of your last post No 20 on the thread you refer to


    Many many times during the last few weeks you have jibed and said I have tried to get you banned and MANY times I have asked you to prove it and you have ignored.

    The other honest posters on here must be sick of me repeating it.

    Why don't or can't you admit you are just an out and out liar and fantasy liver. Simply lokk back on previous posts for the truth..

    I will just leave it now to the others to decide and post on this thread no more.
    starting provocative posts knowing they will result in arguments and possible bans is you trying to get me banned .

    you have started 2 or 3 recently with the same bear baiting tactics.

    just block me and stop acting all innocent on the matter
    people on this thread have suggested that is what you have set out to do , so the people have decided
    just do as ghost says and block me
    end of the matter .
    and again you cant explain why you would start a post that is so provocative .only if you would hope and think by me responding in an ina appropriate manner would get me banned .

    ps your spell checker needs to be turned on

    have you never lied ,do we all not lie have you never fantasised do we all not ?

    its a footy forum ,not a forum to judge people or accuse those you have never met

  12. #12
    good now just leave it.

    both of you

    you should both be ashamed of yourselves acting like 2 kids in a playground.
    Last edited by toonlegend; 19-06-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •