+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about squad

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Id say Ince is on his way then as Ive heard Huddersfield have upped the offer to 9.6m.

Blackman to Peterbrough? About his level
    I'd be happy with that for Ince...and Blackman come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I'd be happy with that for Ince...and Blackman come to that.
    I'd rather keep Ince than Hughes, after all one scored or assisted 23 goals last season and one didn't! Looks like the rumour about Rowett possibly selling Hughes was right! I may make a comeback as Nostradamus, though obviously Camara, Bent and Blackman have to be sold or loaned out first!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby2die4 View Post
    I'd be happy with say Christie, Olson, Butterfield, Hughes, Ince, Bent and Blackman to go with Davies, Wisdom and Whelan adding experience then loan 3 attacking players from top Prem teams two wingers and possibly another box to box midfielder.
    I think we'll struggle to offload as many as we need to. Blackman for instance, hardly put himself in the shop window last year did he? I've a worrying feeling Rowett will start him come 4/8/17!

Adi. Please tell that's a wind up about Blackman

If he does I think that will be the end of 50+ years of supporting the Rams. Forest Green Rovers is looking an attractive alternative in that scenario.

Come to think of it, that probably is Blackman's level

Not pulled up trees granted... but has proved he can be very useful at this level, i for one, was very pleased when he signed. And can't help feel, if he goes he will end up staying fit and doing really well somewhere. The bloke just needs a bit of luck and maybe a little run in the side.

Neither he or bent are in Rowett's plans so he deffo won't be starting in any game - well Hughes on his way and camara gone, that leaves Blackman and Bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby2die4 View Post
    Not pulled up trees granted... but has proved he can be very useful at this level, i for one, was very pleased when he signed. And can't help feel, if he goes he will end up staying fit and doing really well somewhere. The bloke just needs a bit of luck and maybe a little run in the side.
    Fair comment that D2d4. He was 'flying' when we signed him and I could see the sense of it. What with managerial chaos and injury he's turned out to look like one of our all time bad signings but he might take off again elsewhere.

What worries me about Rowett is that he signed Ryan Shotton and gave him regular play time! So it is possible that Blackman could start!

A few more thoughts......

One...

I think it's ***** for Mitchell's development that he gets a full season out on loan somewhere, that is all. Roos is adequate back up.

Two...

I think Keogh will leave.... Reason..... Captain, not captain, a freshening up of the team, we will still make a bit of money on him and another two right footed defenders are already through the door. I think it's possible, due to his attention to detail that Rowett may even look to add another left footed Central defender. But he may see Forsyth as being capable of filling in. Is Rawson left footed?

Three...

With Hughesy's imminent departure, and the stories about us looking for another defensive minded midfield player (which I agree whole heartedly with) on one hand surely we will look to replace Hughes but on another is Butterfield now in a strong position to stake a claim? I think immediately the midfield has more balance. But let's face it, Butterfield, Bryson and Johnson have more end product than Hughes. I think all three of these guys are built for this division, but they've all suffered because of either Hughes being in the team or the lack of a natural defensive midfielder allowing them to do what they do best!? I guess we could loan someone, but surely we have to look to our academy!

Four...

I'm literally at a loss with what will happen with our attack! Anything could happen.

I think Ince will leave though, and I certainly expect there will be more attackers to leave too, the only player I think will 100% stay is Nugent. We will, fingers crossed, have a very fresh looking attack but that's easier said than done! The money we will receive and no doubt reinvest, from Hughes, Ince, and the other departures though does fill me with excitement! I have a good feeling about me, I believe in Gary Rowett.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)