+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about squad

Thoughts about squad

Interesting that its not entirely obvious who is gonna leave.... usually it's quite obvious but this time it's anyone's guess!

Not even sure what formation we'll go with, I'd guess the 433 which we settled on but could easily go back 4231 which Rowett has used often in the past. May even shock us and go with a 442 or even a 343, it's fashionable and familiar too as Derby played it in Rowetts time as a player at the club.

keepers

Personally I'd Loan out Mitchell and have Roos on bench.

Defence

Surely selling Christie and Olson is on agenda? Unless we loan out Lowe ( surely not) Don't need 3 in each position! No concrete evidence of any defenders leaving though? Unless we go three centre backs and use the likes of Forsyth and wisdom. Keeping Christie and Olson as wing backs!? Doubt it though. 4 centre backs in squad seems about right but feel one may leave!? Could always have Rawson as 4th choice.

Midfield

Links with Whelan are Interesting, due to our numbers in there, 433 with Whelan and Thorne as deeper player, then Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson and one more would make better sense. Not including Hughes cause I'm sure he will leave. Then again we could sell maybe Butterfield aswel and go with two, one deeper lying and one more marauding. Suiting 343, 4231 and 442.

Attack

Im really unsure what will happen here, personally I think Bent, Ince and Camara, will definitely leave, we could also lose two of Russell, Weimann, Vydra and Blackman! depends what system we go with I guess. 433 are Russell, Weimann, Vydra and Blackman really gonna chip in? Who knows maybe? With Martin and Nugent vying for no.9 shirt. My thoughts are we'll lose two of said players and bring in two dangerous wide attackers. Plus that would even allow us to play two up top with Nugent and Martin which could be interesting! Would probably require us to sign another big man though.

I'm usually quite sure about what is in the pipeline but this time I'm completely guessing. Kind of a nice change though.

What do you guys reckon?...
    Last edited by Derby2die4; 18-06-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby2die4 View Post
    Interesting that its not entirely obvious who is gonna leave.... usually it's quite obvious but this time it's anyone's guess!

Not even sure what formation we'll go with, I'd guess the 433 which we settled on but could easily go back 4231 which Rowett has used often in the past. May even shock us and go with a 442 or even a 343, it's fashionable and familiar too as Derby played it in Rowetts time as a player at the club.

keepers

Personally I'd Loan out Mitchell and have Roos on bench.

Defence

Surely selling Christie and Olson is on agenda? Unless we loan out Lowe ( surely not) Don't need 3 in each position! No concrete evidence of any defenders leaving though? Unless we go three centre backs and use the likes of Forsyth and wisdom. Keeping Christie and Olson as wing backs!? Doubt it though. 4 centre backs in squad seems about right but feel one may leave!? Could always have Rawson as 4th choice.

Midfield

Links with Whelan are Interesting, due to our numbers in there, 433 with Whelan and Thorne as deeper player, then Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson and one more would make better sense. Not including Hughes cause I'm sure he will leave. Then again we could sell maybe Butterfield aswel and go with two, one deeper lying and one more marauding. Suiting 343, 4231 and 442.

Attack

Im really unsure what will happen here, personally I think Bent, Ince and Camara, will definitely leave, we could also lose two of Russell, Weimann, Vydra and Blackman! depends what system we go with I guess. 433 are Russell, Weimann, Vydra and Blackman really gonna chip in? Who knows maybe? With Martin and Nugent vying for no.9 shirt. My thoughts are we'll lose two of said players and bring in two dangerous wide attackers. Plus that would even allow us to play two up top with Nugent and Martin which could be interesting! Would probably require us to sign another big man though.

I'm usually quite sure about what is in the pipeline but this time I'm completely guessing. Kind of a nice change though.

What do you guys reckon?...
    Would have thought we needed more flexibility and versatility in terms of formation. So a squad allowing us to swap formation according to how things are going and not just blind adherence to one formation would be a welcome change.

Be surprised if at least two of Shackell, Pearce, Christie and Olson don't leave but would think we'd only make money on Cyrus.

Would love Whelan in, but be quite happy to see Bryson and Butterfield go along with Russell, Camara and Blackman.

Whoever starts the season, if they do well they've got to be in with a chance under a new manager but, regretfully I wouldn't be surprised to see some last minute - early September - deals.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-06-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Would have thought we needed more flexibility and versatility in terms of formation. So a squad allowing us to swap formation according to how things are going and not just blind adherence to one formation would be a welcome change.

Be surprised if at least two of Shackell, Pearce, Christie and Olson don't leave but would think we'd only make money on Cyrus.

Would love Whelan in, but be quite happy to see Bryson and Butterfield go along with Russell, Camara and Blackman.

Whoever starts the season, if they do well they've got to be in with a chance under a new manager but, regretfully I wouldn't be surprised to see some last minute - early September - deals.
    We will be buggered then if thats the case as the Transfer window closes on 31 August and all deals including any loans have to ve completed by then!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    We will be buggered then if thats the case as the Transfer window closes on 31 August and all deals including any loans have to ve completed by then!
    Lol...I stand corrected...usually early September I thought, but you know what I meant...can see some of our outgoings and thus possibly an incoming waiting till the last minute.

I'd be happy with say Christie, Olson, Butterfield, Hughes, Ince, Bent and Blackman to go with Davies, Wisdom and Whelan adding experience then loan 3 attacking players from top Prem teams two wingers and possibly another box to box midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby2die4 View Post
    I'd be happy with say Christie, Olson, Butterfield, Hughes, Ince, Bent and Blackman to go with Davies, Wisdom and Whelan adding experience then loan 3 attacking players from top Prem teams two wingers and possibly another box to box midfielder.
    Of the outgoings I wouldn't want Hughes to leave, not for less than £10m anyway.
    Likewise with Ince, be looking for £8.5m million.
    The others I'd agree with but would look for a profit on Christie.
    Whelan and six others seems more than a tad optimistic.

That would be optimistic your right! I meant Whelan plus 3 Prem loan players (two wide and one central) I can see how it could easily have read differently! I Dont want to lose hughes either, just seems likely he will leave and perhaps Rowett's 'get the ball forward quicker' philosophy, won't get the best out of him again. If he stays though then just loan two promising wide men.

Camara, Blackman and Bent are deffo going, you heard it first! (If no sale then loan deals).

Of course if its as naff as my other predictions I will deny it! Its rumour and gossip but thats what I've heard, Rowett isn't averse to Hughes going for the right fee and of course very players has a price - Ince's being £10 million.

Id say Ince is on his way then as Ive heard Huddersfield have upped the offer to 9.6m.

Blackman to Peterbrough? About his level

Does Ince want to go tho? Nah Blackman to Posh must be a long shot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)