+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Richie Smallwood

Richie Smallwood

Pretty close to signing from Rotherham
    I am a little ignorant on this player I understand he is a defensive midfielder
    If he gets the nod from Mowbray then that's ok with me.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Pretty close to signing from Rotherham
    I am a little ignorant on this player I understand he is a defensive midfielder
    If he gets the nod from Mowbray then that's ok with me.

I think I'd prefer Ritchie Blackwood

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I think I'd prefer Ritchie Blackwood
    How about Ritchie Blackmore? He could lead the way!
    Actually, though, most of you are too young to remember the original Deep Purple...

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    How about Ritchie Blackmore? He could lead the way!
    Actually, though, most of you are too young to remember the original Deep Purple...
    haha ....well I wasn't around when it was out, but I am very much aware of the original.

Another over the line even though this isn't greeting me with much excitement I trust in mowbrays vision
    It feels good to have early signings through the door
    Now for bostock and a decent forward.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Another over the line even though this isn't greeting me with much excitement I trust in mowbrays vision
    It feels good to have early signings through the door
    Now for bostock and a decent forward.
    Agreed Robin, at least we are actively getting in players. I have seen quite a lot of football at this level and below and I know nothing about this lad. But I also think TM knows what he is after. He doesn't need to be a world beater, he does need to be big, hard and physical. I believe he ticks those boxes.
    I don't like the thought of Bostock. Not at all. He is exactly the kind of player we don't want. Fairly big wages, fancies himself, and would get kicked about in Div1. And he doesn't have the metal toughness. These sorts of players get worse the lower down the ladder they go. With more time, he maybe a decent enough player? But his temperament is just not right. Not for this league.
    I don't believe he will be any better than Stokes. Who I DO think we will keep, simply because we cant offload him. And he will be on decent wages. He would be fine at this level....only IF TM can get his head in the right place. If so, we have a striker who will get loads in Div1. And save us a fee. I think a lot hinges on who goes out.

No problem in losing Evans if possible,he is hardly ever fit and "disappears during matches" when he plays. Except for Northern Ireland!

Id be quite happy to see the exodus proceed apace with 11 already gone(inclusive of the loan players)and Mahoney going. Can we unload Feeney and Steele? If so,I would do. Stokes Id be tempted to keep. Physicality no problem for this lad,just avoiding the red cards a major issue - and thats if Mowbray can control him. Ha!ha! Dont really envy him that one.

On Smallwood,certainly looks the part,and could be decent at this level.

Lets face it,tough tackling midfielders desparately needed at Rovers.....about as common as crocodiles on Church Street last season......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896 View Post
    On Smallwood,certainly looks the part,and could be decent at this level.

Lets face it,tough tackling midfielders desparately needed at Rovers.....about as common as crocodiles on Church Street last season......
    I think that's right, Bob. Somehow, Jason Lowe never did that job with the necessary consistency. He had a few decent spells last season, but he was a player who rarely controlled a game.
    It looks as if Whittingham and Smallwood represent to the two strands TM talked about - artists and foot-soldiers. You are probably correct that this might spell the end for Evans. On the other hand, it would be very good to see Whittingham and Mulgrew playing together. They would certainly have a touch of class, compared to most players in this Division.

Sadly I think the arrival of Smallwood means the probable departure of mulgrew
    If he stays brilliant but he will get alot of interest from the championship and compared to league one he will want away
    On Corry Evans Bob it depends on the corrective operation he had recently
    If it works and clears up his persistent problem he would boss league one however it is a but.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)