+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT another terrorist attack.

According to a witness its was a white man who shouted he wants to kill muslims, they held him until police arrived (I would have wanted to kick his head in, natural instinct)

RIP and hope the injured are not too serious

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    According to a witness its was a white man who shouted he wants to kill muslims, they held him until police arrived (I would have wanted to kick his head in, natural instinct)

RIP and hope the injured are not too serious
    Me too, they showed remarkable restraint to be honest!

Monty, correct me if I'm wrong, I know you like to do that, would you say that the BBC should give the same amount of coverage for last night's atrocity as they did for the terrorist stabbing atrocities in London? If not, why not? Is it a lesser evil in your view or not as important? What in your view would be a fair response by the BBC to this incident last night?

Just asking...the nutty one is trying not to be nutty....
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-06-2017 at 09:33 AM.

To attack a group of people because of race religion skin colour beliefs whatever is an act of terror.

Just heard a nutter on radio saying let's see how they like it.
    That's a sad inditement of where we are at.

Are we now saying tit for tat is the way to sort this.

Yeah let's go down the route like Protestant and Catholics did that worked out well didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    To attack a group of people because of race religion skin colour beliefs whatever is an act of terror.

Just heard a nutter on radio saying let's see how they like it.
    That's a sad inditement of where we are at.

Are we now saying tit for tat is the way to sort this.

Yeah let's go down the route like Protestant and Catholics did that worked out well didn't it?
    Exactly Yak, and without going too deep into what i think is really happening, if we're not careful the country is going to be forever divided, and we can't let that happen. There's certain organisations that would love us to hate each other, eye for an eye and all that ballacks, we can't let those win.

My original points - which to me remain entirely valid - concerned the BBC's reporting of this incident. The Today programme allowed several interviewees to state the attack was clearly the result of anti-Muslim sentiments expressed at dinner parties, schools and elsewhere and demanded that the government take steps to root out these attitudes.
    BBC presenters and all interviewees studiously avoided any suggestion that the attack might be a response to recent terror attacks by Muslims. Instead they insisted it was down to the fact that anti-Muslim sentiments are now "acceptable". This may seem a subtle distinction to some but it's important.

I've heard they gave him a seeing too - while in the process of restraining him -
    but he apparently the perpetrator had no knifes or false bombs strapped around him to frighten them away....

As for "motivation"....Every "terror attack" is retaliation / retribution / pay back.
    Isn't it !

OK....for me.....pay back ( if in deed I ever desired "pay back" ) for any wrongdoing could only be personally satisfactory if it was targeted at the very individuals that had hurt me or mine !

The harming of any third party NOT IMMEDIATELY INVOLVED.....makes the perpetrators WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL ACT !

THAT'S WHAT'S F##KED UP !

The inoccents that have died on this planet is gross ! Hundreds of thousands!

OMG....NO MILLIONS !

Yet the actual bringing to justice of the warped minds that kill these "inoccents" is woefully negligent.

Simon Wiesenthal is testimony to this.

Hoping restraint and intelligence wins the day.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    My original points - which to me remain entirely valid - concerned the BBC's reporting of this incident. The Today programme allowed several interviewees to state the attack was clearly the result of anti-Muslim sentiments expressed at dinner parties, schools and elsewhere and demanded that the government take steps to root out these attitudes.
    BBC presenters and all interviewees studiously avoided any suggestion that the attack might be a response to recent terror attacks by Muslims. Instead they insisted it was down to the fact that anti-Muslim sentiments are now "acceptable". This may seem a subtle distinction to some but it's important.
    It is entirely valid, but roly always has the faux outrage where he tries to pretend someone is racist if they hold a different view to him, even if he doesn't fully understand that view.

I watched the news today with fascination at the reactions of some people. ONE terror attack targeting Muslims in Britain and we have members of the Muslim community coming out and saying they fear for their lives and they are scared leaving their houses.........! Yes, that's how plenty of non-Muslims have felt for years due to all the Islamic terrorism! Maybe try and stop extremists preaching hate and radicalising people in mosques like the one at Finsbury Park, which in turn will reduce the number of Islamic terror attacks here, which in turn will reduce the chances of revenge attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    I've heard they gave him a seeing too - while in the process of restraining him -
    but he apparently the perpetrator had no knifes or false bombs strapped around him to frighten them away....

As for "motivation"....Every "terror attack" is retaliation / retribution / pay back.
    Isn't it !

OK....for me.....pay back ( if in deed I ever desired "pay back" ) for any wrongdoing could only be personally satisfactory if it was targeted at the very individuals that had hurt me or mine !

The harming of any third party NOT IMMEDIATELY INVOLVED.....makes the perpetrators WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL ACT !

THAT'S WHAT'S F##KED UP !

The inoccents that have died on this planet is gross ! Hundreds of thousands!

OMG....NO MILLIONS !

Yet the actual bringing to justice of the warped minds that kill these "inoccents" is woefully negligent.

Simon Wiesenthal is testimony to this.

Hoping restraint and intelligence wins the day.

RIP
    How does it make them worse? It makes them just as bad, not worse. Bellend A murders innocent people, bellend B murders other innocent people in response. How can B be worse than A? Both are as bad as each other, murdering innocent people. In fact, if anything, with regards to this terror attack, and the others, you could say this one isn't as bad as the others as he, thankfully, has only killed one, whereas the others killed quite a lot more.

Two wrongs never made a right !

The dead individual had a heart attack prior to the van attack - the people were helping him as the van hit them....

There's always "An eye for an eye"...

But then there's "Turn the other cheek"

It depends on the individuals demeanour...and being so firkin self righteous to take the law into their own hands....killing additional inoccents.

The problem is:

Justice must not only be done - it must be seen to be done......and this is what's missing too many times....Hillsborough being a good example. Not seeing "justice" done inspires these vigilantes to obtain it themselves....

Swift justice stops retribution.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast