+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ascot

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    "Late 80's Q?

Christ.....you look ancient then.....you must be 107 now :-)
    Cheeky bugger. I am 65 so was in my late 30's then. I started losing my hair very early, something that has always been the subject of much merriment. I also started going grey quite young.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Cheeky bugger. I am 65 so was in my late 30's then. I started losing my hair very early, something that has always been the subject of much merriment. I also started going grey quite young.
    At first glance I thought your head was hidden by a football Q :-)

Maybe you could update you Avatar with a new image in a similar pose!

BTW......my Avatar isn't me in case you were wondering!?

Very droll. New image in a similar pose?! The mere thought of it makes me feel queasy.

On the subject of 'wisecracks'. I was playing a version of I-spy with my young granddaughter. Instead of letters you had to choose 'something the colour...'. it was dark so the choices were minimal. I thought we had been through the lot e.g white (car headlights), red (car tail lights). But she wanted one last game and chose something the colour white. I tried my hardest to work this out and she was desperate to give me the answer. I was genuinely stumped and conceded defeat to this very young child. 'OK I give up. What is it?'. Gleefully she announced 'It's your hair!'. As I stated my mock shock and attempted to throttle her it was all my daughter and her husband, sitting in the front, could do not to burst out laughing with her.

Come on. I am sure you could do something equally silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Never been to Royal Ascot but have been to Champions Day. One of the best sporting occasions in the calendar and very jealous. Have a great time both of you.

I have done a £20 double on Ribchester in the first at Evens and Lady Aurelia at 10/3. Hoping it comes in but very competitive racing all week.
    Awesome, hope some others got on. Paid £189 for £20 bet.

I knew it wasn't you Mick. From when we met I recall your eyes being red, otherwise very similar.

Well done Yarm, a nice pick up there. Both were awesome today. Managed to keep my head above water with Barney Roy in the big race and had the last winner at twenties.

Off to buy a new shirt as I lost the one I had on today. Always tomorrow.

Never been to Royal Ascot but have been to Champions Day. One of the best sporting occasions in the calendar and very jealous. Have a great time both of you.

I have done a £20 double on Ribchester in the first at Evens and Lady Aurelia at 10/3. Hoping it comes in but very competitive racing all week.
    Nice double Yarmbaggie...well done.

Yarmbaggie...just wondering if you got on the 20/1 winner of the 5-35? Same trainer as Lady Aurelia same sire as Con Te Partiro

Yes I did but only had £1 ew. I picked it up from the Wesley Ward piece on the At the Races site. Very bullish about the horse and the trainer said that the horse had been beating Undrafted on his gallops. You may remember that one who won one of the big Ascot races in 2015. I took the 12/1 in the morning but luckily for me on Best odds guaranteed with Bet 365 so got the 20/1.

Doesn't always come off though I had Yuften at 20/1 in the previous race and he had no chance running in a small group of 3 well away from the rest of the field. Did though have a fiver win on the French horse in the first at 3/1 and also the same on Qemah at 11/4 so very good day today. As you can see not a great amount staked any day and tend to get a bit defensive when I am on top as I don't like to give the winnings back to the bookies!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)