Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
I do like those type of races as wellt GLM.

If you have an account with Bet365 they do a good bet called Jollies &Nags. They give you the choice to bet on the Jollies, 2 sometimes 3 in the race, or the Nags, the rest. In the 7.15 at Bath as an example your 2 horses are given as the Jollies Bet at 8/11 or you can bet on the rest at Evens.

I like this Bet as if you do bet on the Jollies you will on your full stake at 8/11 no matter which one wins, I.e bet of £11 pick up £19 if either one wins. Similar in practice to splitting the bet as you have done but you are no bothered which one wins. Whenever I split the bet you can be sure the one that will win less is the one that comes in.

I also like to bet on the Nags when I think that the Jollies are vulnerable for whatever reason.
I don't like to get over involved in something like the Jollies and Nags bets, with so few horses in the 7-15 it gives me lots of time go into it with a fine tooth comb, the trick is having the right odds to use a split stake to the proportions that I have used. Having said that, they still go tits up at times but a big enough percentage of wins to make a decent profit over time.

Good luck with your bets today...