+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ascot

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I do like those type of races as wellt GLM.

If you have an account with Bet365 they do a good bet called Jollies &Nags. They give you the choice to bet on the Jollies, 2 sometimes 3 in the race, or the Nags, the rest. In the 7.15 at Bath as an example your 2 horses are given as the Jollies Bet at 8/11 or you can bet on the rest at Evens.

I like this Bet as if you do bet on the Jollies you will on your full stake at 8/11 no matter which one wins, I.e bet of £11 pick up £19 if either one wins. Similar in practice to splitting the bet as you have done but you are no bothered which one wins. Whenever I split the bet you can be sure the one that will win less is the one that comes in.

I also like to bet on the Nags when I think that the Jollies are vulnerable for whatever reason.
    I don't like to get over involved in something like the Jollies and Nags bets, with so few horses in the 7-15 it gives me lots of time go into it with a fine tooth comb, the trick is having the right odds to use a split stake to the proportions that I have used. Having said that, they still go tits up at times but a big enough percentage of wins to make a decent profit over time.

Good luck with your bets today...

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Heard good reports about Black Sails in the first race. Looks good each way value at 10-1. Apart from that, the rest of card looks very difficult today so maybe keep the powder dry until tomorrow
    Unlucky with Black Sails TB..." it" happens, live to fight another day...

Would you believe it - got good vibes locally about Black Sails and low and behold, the winner is owned by a crowd who live 3 miles from me!

Backed Aidens in first race tomorrow. A bit skinny odds but as they say, a winner is a winner and it might set me up for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Not too keen on the 2yo races and found today's Ascot the same as you...difficult

Found the 7-15 Bath to be of interest today Jersey Breeze and Powerful Dream looked to have it between them. I have done a split stake at 75% on Jersey Breeze at 7/2 and 25% on Powerful Dream at 3/1 which would give me my money back should he prevail.

I often do this in races with low number of runners where it is impossible to go e/w.

Good luck with Black Sails...
    1st and 2nd..love it when a plan comes together....

I have never understood the appeal of nag racing, imo just an excuse to waste money on betting. To me, nag racing makes Pulisball look exciting! Better off staying in bed. Just my opinion, though, each to his own.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I have never understood the appeal of nag racing, imo just an excuse to waste money on betting. To me, nag racing makes Pulisball look exciting! Better off staying in bed. Just my opinion, though, each to his own.
    Exactly KB each to his own. I have only been to three racecourses in my life but still make money from racing using percentages and races that fit the criteria. There are lots of races today yet I don't have an interest in any of them, only to watch and learn.

Patience really is a virtue when it comes to racing, one must never chase losses and throw good money after bad, walk away and fight another day.

Good luck KB.

Well done last night GLM. Gives you some money to play with today.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Well done last night GLM. Gives you some money to play with today.
    Thanks TB, but would you believe from all the decent racing today I can't find a race to invest in...still looking though...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)