+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lions tour

Now for the Hurricanes - will they blow us away?

That was going well 31-17 up and a penalty given for a 17 point lead, but advantage played and we had a player yellow carded, the penalty was reversed they kicked for the corner got a try, then got another to end up 31-31.
    Some advantage that was!!

Beat the All Blacks? Not on this sorry showing!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Beat the All Blacks? Not on this sorry showing!
    Don't write them off just yet. The Tuesday team has never been as good as the test team anyway. Today they played a team who have arguably the most flair in New Zealand rugby. Only Lawes and Henderson( until the yellow card) look as though they could be taking part on Saturday. Dan Biggar also earned my respect by the way he never ducked out of a challenge especially when he tried his best to stop the try in the corner when he took a right battering.I honestly though he'd won it with the last kick of the match too. In the end, a fair result and great entertainment for the armchair viewer. Saturday is going to be another great occasion and although I expect the All Blacks to win, it may just be closer than what people think. I am going for an All Blacks win 22-18.

Do or die day approaches.

Warburton replaces Peter O’Mahony in a starting line-up showing three personnel changes from the XV that started the first Test.

Maro Itoje comes into the second row for George Kruis, Johnny ***ton is at fly-half and Owen Farrell shifts to inside centre instead of Ben Te’o.

Will it work?

24-21 is good enough, all set for a decider next Saturday. Thank goodness they couldn't kick all their penalties or score a try and had a man less for an hour.
    Vunipola was a nightmare giving them four penalties and getting a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Good win today beating the Chiefs 34-6 and could have been more. Totally dominant.
    Good to get back to back wins after beating the Maori All Blacks convincingly.
    Now for the big one on Saturday.
    Last week I went on record stating the All Blacks would wrap up the series yesterday. I was wrong. The lions deserved their win taking their chances well even though they played against 14 men for almost an hour. The referee Jerome Garces made the correct decision in giving a red card to Williams. What he didn't do was give a red card to Vunipola for a similar offence. He had previously given away two penalties and took out Barrett leading with his arm to his opponents head when he was nowhere near the ball and rolling away. If you are going to apply the laws of the game which have been changed recently. then you have to be consistent. A yellow card was not the right decision. I am really surprised no one even mentioned the incident during or when the experts were summing up afterwards.
    Next Saturday will be a titanic battle for sure. Eden Park is a fortress for the home team and the All Blacks rarely lose two games in a row. The lions will have plenty of confidence going into this game but as yet the All Blacks have not played to their capabilities. Strangely enough i forecast a lions win yesterday, but can't see them repeating their win next Saturday.
    It promises to be a fascinating 80 minutes of top class rugby. The lions will have to play better than they did yesterday.Whether they are able to do it again remains to be seen.

Some good news
    British and Irish Lions flanker Sean O'Brien is free to play in Saturday's third Test against the All Blacks after being cleared of dangerous play. He was alleged to have struck New Zealand wing Waisake Noholo during the second-Test win. He denied the offence and the claim was dismissed by a three-man panel.

Crunch time approaches and Lions unchanged

Really looking forward to this one.

6 cans of Stella and a couple of homemade egg and bacon sarnies and a famous win for the Lions at Eden Park.

Can life really get any better?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)