+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lions tour

Lions tour

Good win today beating the Chiefs 34-6 and could have been more. Totally dominant.
    Good to get back to back wins after beating the Maori All Blacks convincingly.
    Now for the big one on Saturday.

Alfie's tour has just started ,a week or so in sunny,hot and lovely Otley..Shame about the Yawkshire folks though..lol

Lions tour

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Alfie's tour has just started ,a week or so in sunny,hot and lovely Otley..Shame about the Yawkshire folks though..lol
    Yes. Two comfortable wins in succession which will do their confidence a world of good. Saturday's game should be interesting but I still think the all blacks will win the series. Maybe even 3-0.
    This Saturday will be a big step up to what's happened so far. They will be playing a team that is not only talented,but intelligent to go with it. Gatland could be the greatest ever or his reputation will be torn to shreds. I somehow think it's going to be the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Yes. Two comfortable wins in succession which will do their confidence a world of good. Saturday's game should be interesting but I still think the all blacks will win the series. Maybe even 3-0.
    This Saturday will be a big step up to what's happened so far. They will be playing a team that is not only talented,but intelligent to go with it. Gatland could be the greatest ever or his reputation will be torn to shreds. I somehow think it's going to be the latter.
    all blacks team pretty much as expected with the welcome comeback of inspirational captain Kieran Read. A team based on craft ,power and explosive pace. I see the lions losing by about ten points.

The Lions team just illustrates the current strength of England, five of the seven English players chosen aren't even regular starters for Eddie Jones. Add to that we've just beaten Argentina with 30 players unavailable and it's clear the balance of power in world rugby is tilting our way.

I wouldn't be putting money on it but I think the Lions have a chance, Gatland knows the time of day, the All-Blacks will know they've been in a game. I hope !!

Would love to see the Lions put one over on the ABs just to shut that lot up at work. But can't really see them getting within 15 points. 3 -0 whitewash is on the cards I'm afraid.

We're off and a good start nearly a try but TMO rules out

First scrimmage goes ok
    lots of open play

ABS starting to dominate, penalties conceded one kicked one run for try 10 -0, with 20 mins gone

Penalty to lions 10-3 with 30 mins gone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)