+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit talks

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Spot on Supersub, Some Big mistakes, Cameron thinking the vote would be to stay in the EU, Followed by Maybot wanting an election just for her sheer Vanity which cost us more than 7 weeks negotiations, Cameron dropped the first Clanger followed by out of her depth Maybot, Does anyone in office know what they are doing ? I very much doubt it.
    Yes it looks like that, however nothing major will be agreed until after the German elections in October. The relative rights of EU and UK citizens doesn't look close to agreement. I'm lost on the detail.

Making it up as you go along is hardly "strong and stable" leadership. Is it?

Attachment 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Does anyone in office know what they are doing ? I very much doubt it.
    I thought our position had been clear for months now, you (I don't mean you personally Alto) can't spend six months whingeing about a Hard Tory Brexit and then say you didn't know what our plans were. Out of the Single Market, out of the Customs Union, no jurisdiction for European courts in the UK, immigration under our control, existing rights for EU citizens in UK guaranteed and same for UK citizens in EU and negotiate a free trade agreement. Some people might not like it, not all of it might be achievable, but no one can say they didn't know what we were aiming to achieve in the negotiations.
    On the other hand it seems to have come as a bit of a surprise to our EU chums that they're going to be a bit short of readies after we've left. Do they know what they're doing ? They've had a year to work out what to do about this shortfall but have only just got round to mentioning it. I wouldn't have thought it possible to be as incompetent as May, but it seems they're going to give it a go.

But that's what negotiations are BT. You decide what you want to negotiate on, what you want, what you would accept, and try to find ways of getting the best deal you can.

Bit like Andre he wants £100k a week, but might settle for £50k, we offer £30k but might rise to £40k with a bonus for staying up anda a share of shirt sales or image rights or payment for goals scored that gets him there. - if we stay up

Of course He might want to settle for £75k in which case it's goodbye.

We can only react to what the EU say, as we are unlikely to both agree on something with no debate. Maybe a joint military or police approach but who is in charge will be an issue. Will they compromise or play hardball. With a10bn funding gap they may need to do so just as we will. So they want £100bn and we may say we are owed money for past investment in EU infrastructure so will pay nothing.
    Our negotiators will need to think on their feet. It's all about making it up as you go along against your original red lines

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    But that's what negotiations are BT. You decide what you want to negotiate on, what you want, what you would accept, and try to find ways of getting the best deal you can.

Bit like Andre he wants £100k a week, but might settle for £50k, we offer £30k but might rise to £40k with a bonus for staying up anda a share of shirt sales or image rights or payment for goals scored that gets him there. - if we stay up

Of course He might want to settle for £75k in which case it's goodbye.

We can only react to what the EU say, as we are unlikely to both agree on something with no debate. Maybe a joint military or police approach but who is in charge will be an issue. Will they compromise or play hardball. With a10bn funding gap they may need to do so just as we will. So they want £100bn and we may say we are owed money for past investment in EU infrastructure so will pay nothing.
    Our negotiators will need to think on their feet. It's all about making it up as you go along against your original red lines
    Of course everything you say is correct OC, but I fear you're wasting your time with BT. I've tried, but his hatred for Tories so dominates his thinking that any attempt to have a political discussion, argument with him if you like, is doomed to failure, a rational exchange of views replaced by a series of childish photos. It's a shame, I don't know BT but I get the impression of a very intelligent, decent, likeable person until the red political mist descends, but c'est la vie, we're all different.

It's all quite clear really.
    We think we know what we want so all we have to do now is convince the other 27 nations that they will br better off without us. What a pity that they have now realised that they will be losing quite a considerable amount of their income when we depart.
    Hard times ahead with a lot of talking to be done and my forecast is that when the elephants fight it is the grass that gets crushed.
    I await the outcome with interest --although that is the one thing that seems to have disappeared from my savings!

You can get better interest 1.5% on current accounts these days or if you have serious money say a few thousand you don't need to access quickly 4-6% from bonds.
    The EU will only be better off if we give them at least more than £10 Bn a year though!

I can remember getting 7% from one of those Icelandic banks about ten years ago, Kaupthing Edge or something like that I think it was, great, the interest rolled in for couple of years, then came the crash and the bank went tits up. I got my money back eventually, but not before a few sleepless nights and I learned the wisdom of that old saying "If something looks too good to be true, that's because it probably is".

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can remember getting 7% from one of those Icelandic banks about ten years ago, Kaupthing Edge or something like that I think it was, great, the interest rolled in for couple of years, then came the crash and the bank went tits up. I got my money back eventually, but not before a few sleepless nights and I learned the wisdom of that old saying "If something looks too good to be true, that's because it probably is".
    You need a good FA to advise
    Guess it depends whether you trust Tesco to pay 5% till 2020
    http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/retail-bonds/company-summary/XS0780063235ZZGBPUKCP.html

HSBC and Prudential are others paying slightly more. From memory around 6.5 and 5.3. However as these rates are high the bonds have risen in value so you may pay say £110 for £100 invested.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 29-06-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Of course everything you say is correct OC, but I fear you're wasting your time with BT. I've tried, but his hatred for Tories so dominates his thinking that any attempt to have a political discussion, argument with him if you like, is doomed to failure, a rational exchange of views replaced by a series of childish photos. It's a shame, I don't know BT but I get the impression of a very intelligent, decent, likeable person until the red political mist descends, but c'est la vie, we're all different.
    Another silly, childish photo message of which the sentiments are now being shared by millions of voters...

Attachment 5153

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)