+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Johnson

Looking at it like that explains why long contracts are signed I guess.

Bit of paronia going on loads of players say they would not mind going back to club they have played for before it doesn't mean anything I'm not huge BJ fan but he's probably been our most effective player since Rowett took over The pictures of him in the DET today he's maybe 2stone heavier than he was at Norwich Shouldn't worry about him going back no way would he get in their team now

Bradley Johnson our most effective player, way off there Mista, Tom Ince and Scott Carson would like to say something about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Bit of paronia going on loads of players say they would not mind going back to club they have played for before it doesn't mean anything I'm not huge BJ fan but he's probably been our most effective player since Rowett took over The pictures of him in the DET today he's maybe 2stone heavier than he was at Norwich Shouldn't worry about him going back no way would he get in their team now
    I'm not 'worried' mista. He's one of those I really thought would be an excellent signing at the time but he's proved to be a bit of an underachiever. You've seen more of him than most so I value your opinion. Really just asking if it was all 'paper talk' or actually likely.

R4j. You really must read peoples post properly I said BJ was PROBABLY our most effective player since Rowett took over the last 9 games You clearly didn't go to Brentford or Rotherham if you think Ince was effective because he was diabolical

Ince was diabolical really when he is our top goal-scorer and made the most assists in our team this season just gone. Your having a laugh Mista. Looks like another one added to the list.

R4j. You really must read peoples post properly he said Ince was diabolical on those 2 games. Which he was.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I see from the DT that BJ seems to be suggesting he would welcome a move back to Norwich. Not one of our worst but probably one of our more disappointing signings imo, never really fulfilled his potential. Ill advised comment with two years of his contract still to run, or just poor journalism? Thoughts and valuation?
    Mm maybe read the details as he is supposed to have said "Before I retire" not that he wants to move back now. However, if he or his agent is putting a thought in peoples mind that he would welcome a move, whilst being diplomatic then maybe there is a possibility Norwich would like him back? n these days when "tapping up" is not allowed, some quite comical coded messages are put out there.

However, he could ahve just been asked that question by a journo and genuinely said he would would like to play for Norwich before he retires! I guess the version you believe depends upon your degree of cynicism.

Whilst Rog is basically correct about a loss made by selling a player for less than was paid for him, thats not the whole picture - for instance there is the write down value as he as a year less on his contract and of course there is the saving of 3 or 4 years wages which is a plus in the FFP calculation, so IF we did sell him for say £2 million, then overall the FFP situation would improve.

Swales I obviously don't know but I would be very surprised if Norwich would want him back they have a great squad and its already either them or Boro who will top this league next May R4j please please don't put me on your list I would never get a nights sleep again

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm maybe read the details as he is supposed to have said "Before I retire" not that he wants to move back now. However, if he or his agent is putting a thought in peoples mind that he would welcome a move, whilst being diplomatic then maybe there is a possibility Norwich would like him back? n these days when "tapping up" is not allowed, some quite comical coded messages are put out there.

However, he could ahve just been asked that question by a journo and genuinely said he would would like to play for Norwich before he retires! I guess the version you believe depends upon your degree of cynicism.

Whilst Rog is basically correct about a loss made by selling a player for less than was paid for him, thats not the whole picture - for instance there is the write down value as he as a year less on his contract and of course there is the saving of 3 or 4 years wages which is a plus in the FFP calculation, so IF we did sell him for say £2 million, then overall the FFP situation would improve.
    Tbf Swale, I did read the details...he also says he was disappointed at how he left Norwich and that he would never turn down the chance to return. Curious messages I felt.

Mista...I believe I am on R4J's list and I seem to be in quite good company...just haven't got a 'kin clue what being on his list implies. I did think after his 'Goodbye Trolls' thread that he was leaving but sadly no such luck. Now I have him on 'ignore' again I guess I'll never find out. I do know that the forum was a much better place to be in his absence though. I blame OTR .
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-06-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)