+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Squad List

GK---Adam Collin
    GK---Joe Searson-Smithard

RB---Matt Tootle
    RB---Jordon (not Jordan) Richards
    LB---Carl Dickinson
    LB--- Daniel Jones

CD---Richard Duffy
    CD---Haydn Hollis
    CD---Shaun Brisley
    CD---?
    CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
    MF---Rob Milsom
    MF---Michael O'Connor (Injured)
    MF---Curtis Thompson
    MF---Kevin Nolan
    MF---Jorge Grant (Loan)
    MF---Alan Smith
    MF---Liam Walker

W-----Terry Hawkridge
    W-----Lewis Alessandra
    W/ST-Jonathan Forte
    W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
    ST---Jon Stead
    ST---?

I've been generally satisfied, if slightly underwhelmed, by our business so far but just a couple of alarming statistics:

1. We currently have the oldest squad on average in the league (average age of 29.7)
    2. Only three other teams (Newport, Accrington, and Yeovil) have a smaller squad than ours (20 players according to transfermarkt.co.uk, TheProphet lists 23 but that's still quite small)

To me, that's quite a worrying combination.
    Last edited by DS1862; 25-07-2017 at 12:59 PM.

We could definitely do with a couple more younger legs, particularly upfront, but that average age thing is slightly misleading as their list includes Edwards, Nolan and Smith but not Howes, Jordon Richards and Osborne, who I reckon look more likely to play a part than the oldies this season. Certainly than Edwards and Nolan, anyway, who appear to be de facto retired.

Can some kind soul send me the squad list with numbers or alternatively direct me to somewhere that I can find them myself? (For the York game and I won't know half of them!)

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    We could definitely do with a couple more younger legs, particularly upfront, but that average age thing is slightly misleading as their list includes Edwards, Nolan and Smith but not Howes, Jordon Richards and Osborne, who I reckon look more likely to play a part than the oldies this season. Certainly than Edwards and Nolan, anyway, who appear to be de facto retired.
    Yep, I now realise that I was going off some bad data there but I'm still a bit concerned with the squad. Would hate to have a season where injuries play a huge role.

Quote Originally Posted by DS1862 View Post
    I've been generally satisfied, if slightly underwhelmed, by our business so far but just a couple of alarming statistics:

1. We currently have the oldest squad on average in the league (average age of 29.7)
    2. Only three other teams (Newport, Accrington, and Yeovil) have a smaller squad than ours (20 players according to transfermarkt.co.uk, TheProphet lists 23 but that's still quite small)

To me, that's quite a worrying combination.
    Here We Go, In Kev we Trust.

Shouldn't Wes Atkinson and Montel Gibson be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Can some kind soul send me the squad list with numbers or alternatively direct me to somewhere that I can find them myself? (For the York game and I won't know half of them!)
    Squad numbers not out yet - this is my list - http://www.nottscounty.info/player-gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Not very good but best I could find, Squidness.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenpie View Post
    Shouldn't Wes Atkinson and Montel Gibson be on the list.
    Thought they'd left? Out of contract but invited back to pre season training but presumably declined.
    Last edited by CmonUSexyStylishPies; 25-07-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast