+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Squad List

2017-18 Squad List

So following the excellent news of Ameobi signing the squad list for the coming season is shaping up. So far we have;

Adam Colin
    Carl Dickinson
    Richard Duffy
    Haydn Hollis
    Matt Tootle
    Elliott Hewitt
    Rob Milsom
    Michael O'Connor (Injured)
    Curtis Thompson
    Terry Hawkridge
    Kevin Nolan (Player/Manager)
    Jonathan Forte
    Lewis Alessandra
    Shola Ameobi
    Jon Stead
    Alan Smith (Player/Coach) ?
    Mike Edwards (Player/Coach) ?

Apprentices offered development contracts
    Dominic Hill-Brown
    Peter Dearle
    Jordan Richards
    Joe Searson-Smithard

What additions would people like to see? I would say a second choice keeper, a central defender, along with young striker.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    So following the excellent news of Ameobi signing the squad list for the coming season is shaping up. So far we have;

Adam Colin
    Carl Dickinson
    Richard Duffy
    Haydn Hollis
    Matt Tootle
    Elliott Hewitt
    Rob Milsom
    Curtis Thompson
    Terry Hawkridge
    Jonathan Forte
    Lewis Alessandra
    Shola Ameobi
    Jon Stead

Dominic Hill-Brown
    Peter Dearle
    Jordan Richards
    Joe Searson-Smithard

What additions would people like to see? I would say a second choice keeper, a central defender, along with young striker.
    An attack-minded central midfielder would not go amiss.

I'd say we're at least 6 players short still. Smith/Nolan/Edwards should only be used in an injury crisis!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

Adam Colin
    Carl Dickinson
    Richard Duffy
    Haydn Hollis
    Matt Tootle
    Elliott Hewitt
    Rob Milsom
    Curtis Thompson
    Terry Hawkridge
    Jonathan Forte
    Lewis Alessandra
    Shola Ameobi
    Jon Stead

Dominic Hill-Brown
    Peter Dearle
    Jordan Richards
    Joe Searson-Smithard

That is basically 13 players (including Hollis ) if you discount the management

We need a goalkeeper, right back, left back, 2 centre backs, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers under 30
    Last edited by LaughingMagpie; 20-06-2017 at 12:16 PM.

And youngish pacy striker, can't see Stead & Ameobi playing together as often as we'd like. Forte was used as a winger when he played alghough his best position is down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    That is basically 13 players (including Hollis) if you discount the management

We need a goalkeeper, right back, left back, 2 centre backs, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers under 30
    I wrote on another thread we still need seven more signings - goalkeeper, left back, two centre halves, playmaker, enforcer and pacy forward.

As it stands, the current squad is desperately short of pace and muscle in key areas. Be interesting to see how many we look to sign permanently and how many on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I'd say we're at least 6 players short still. Smith/Nolan/Edwards should only be used in an injury crisis!
    Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I wrote on another thread we still need seven more signings - goalkeeper, left back, two centre halves, playmaker, enforcer and pacy forward.

As it stands, the current squad is desperately short of pace and muscle in key areas. Be interesting to see how many we look to sign permanently and how many on loan.
    I think we will not get a new goalkeeper if you think back to when Loach went out on loan we had the young lad on the bench and that's the way they will go until January at least.

Agree about needing a left back, might be only CB, 2 midfielders and one striker Could go for one from the National League noticed a couple have gone to L1 teams.

With the additional 4 new signings alluded to by Alan Hardy last night and discounting the management we can now field not only a full team but we can also fill ALL the seats on the bench.

Hardy's tweet refers to 4 new signings before the season starts. My guess is that there'll also be a couple of loan signings between the season starting and the transfer deadline on 31 August.

That team picks itself, and that's not a good thing!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast