+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Thought they'd left? Out of contract but invited back to pee season training but presumably declined.
    Urine trouble but I'm saying nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Urine trouble but I'm saying nowt.
    Bleddy auto-correct!

GK---Adam Collin
    GK---Joe Searson-Smithard
    GK---Ross Fitzsimmons

RB---Matt Tootle
    RB---Jordon (not Jordan) Richards
    LB---Carl Dickinson
    LB--- Daniel Jones

CD---Richard Duffy
    CD---Haydn Hollis
    CD---Shaun Brisley
    CD---?
    CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
    MF---Rob Milsom
    MF---Michael O'Connor (Injured)
    MF---Curtis Thompson
    MF---Kevin Nolan
    MF---Jorge Grant (Loan)
    MF---Alan Smith
    MF---Liam Walker

W-----Terry Hawkridge
    W-----Lewis Alessandra
    W/ST-Jonathan Forte
    W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
    ST---Jon Stead
    ST---?

I have to be honest. I look at the squad above and see a mid-table finish at best. The most notable players in it would have formed the basis of a good team ... in the 1990s.

I think Lewis Alessandra may well turn out to be our best signing of the summer, as well as getting Jorge Grant back, but beyond that I'm seeing a very ordinary group of players. I hope I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I have to be honest. I look at the squad above and see a mid-table finish at best. The most notable players in it would have formed the basis of a good team ... in the 1990s.

I think Lewis Alessandra may well turn out to be our best signing of the summer, as well as getting Jorge Grant back, but beyond that I'm seeing a very ordinary group of players. I hope I'm wrong!
    Very, very sad to say this ^^^. I'll be absolutely bloody amazed if we get anywhere near the play-offs, Groooaannnnnnnnn...

Agree with this.

Really hoping this is going to be one of those teams that, in performance terms, is 'greater than the sum of it's parts', Sirrel/Warnock style.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-07-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Those most notable players would have been out of our range back then, so it's irrelevant!! We have to be more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Really hoping this is going to be one of those teams that, in performance terms, is 'greater than the sum of it's parts', Sirrel/Warnock style.
    I know what you mean, but Sirrel and Warnock had some great players too. Even in the fourth tier, Sirrel had Masson, Needham, Stubbs, Bradd and Hateley and Warnock already had Johnson, Draper and Yates when he arrived, adding Short soon after. There's not much comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I know what you mean, but Sirrel and Warnock had some great players too. Even in the fourth tier, Sirrel had Masson, Needham, Stubbs, Bradd and Hateley and Warnock already had Johnson, Draper and Yates when he arrived, adding Short soon after. There's not much comparison.
    You seem to be overlooking the fact that we have Alan Smith, Haydn Hollis and Carl Dickinson...

I'll get my coat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast