+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Warney go for Bolt?

Should Warney go for Bolt?

OK I'm expecting the usual insults but this is a serious bit of advice to Warney and Douglas.

Usain Bolt is retiring and his dream is to play professional football.

His dream is not RUFC but Man UTD or better but realistically he has no chance as he isn't good enough but for RUFC it's a big maybe.

Imagine Usain upfront or on a wing!!!

Even if he is just a bit short of quality imagine the crowds flocking to see him..Full house every game.

Bolt is in London as I type...I can even see him.

Get it done Douglas..Make the man an offer!!

Nutter alert...screw loose...

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Nutter alert...screw loose...
    Nice post.

More intellectual than your usual stuff.

Well done..Well thought out!

Any reasoning for your views that can be shared?

Depends how good he is at running with a ball. Maybe he should try American football, as long as he can catch should be ok. Although cant remember Chambers doing much when he tried it, and then only had a trial at rugby league.

Would it not make more sense to go for Mo Farah? Bolt only runs for 10secs at a time, where as Mo runs for 5km and 10km, and still managers a sprint finish. Over 90 mins most footballer cover between 5-10km, which would be a stroll for Mo. Stick him in the middle chasing down the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    OK I'm expecting the usual insults but this is a serious bit of advice to Warney and Douglas.

Usain Bolt is retiring and his dream is to play professional football.

His dream is not RUFC but Man UTD or better but realistically he has no chance as he isn't good enough but for RUFC it's a big maybe.

Imagine Usain upfront or on a wing!!!

Even if he is just a bit short of quality imagine the crowds flocking to see him..Full house every game.

Bolt is in London as I type...I can even see him.

Get it done Douglas..Make the man an offer!!
    Kempo ..... not an attack but this as to be the most stupid pre season post or are you fishing again?

Daley Thompson had trials with Reading when he retired from athletics. Didn't quite happen for him. In his own opinion he was good enough to play for England.

I think the problem for some on here is that they don't know that Bolt wants to play professional football and has been in discussions with a number of clubs.

My experienced guess is that if he is at any professional level it wouldn't be above L1

Those who think I am stupid have not given their reasoning..I would be interested in hearing it.....Maybe they think he will be at Man UTD level or Borrusia Dortmund!...I think not..but L1 Usain Bolt!...Just maybe...

for marketing and money he is more likely to play in USA or China, than in south yorkshire.

Why not? If he can get some crosses in we could also get the Olympic High Jump gold medallist in the box on the end of them. Unstoppable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast