+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest transfer links.

Not yet official
    I cannot believe Mowbray would let a very light position get weaker however we don't know if he rates him or has found out that he is beyond help.

If he goes, I think it has to be said that he has to be added to the list of strikers in recent years who haven't really been given a fair shot. (Nikola Kalinić...where are you now?) Admittedly, Stokes might have simply revealed himself as not up to the job in training, but their "not being up to the job" hasn't stopped us giving regular places to several very mediocre midfielders in that period!!

Quote Originally Posted by PB3 View Post
    Apparently we're looking at David Wheeler from Exeter
    I've just had a good look at his record. He does sound like a decent player...and a well-liked, reliable club-man, which is an extra encouraging factor.
    How credible is the rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I would like to announce that I have now played 4 weeks running. And I have moved on from nearly dying after 5 mins to lasting to around the 15 min mark. I have invested (heavily) in some shin pads, and have lost a bit of weight. I have one good run in me per match, after that I am useless.
    I scored a cracker against my eight-year-old grandson the other day...what do you think, Champs? We might not be the best striking partnership in the world, but we would certainly be the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    If he goes, I think it has to be said that he has to be added to the list of strikers in recent years who haven't really been given a fair shot. (Nikola Kalinić...where are you now?) Admittedly, Stokes might have simply revealed himself as not up to the job in training, but their "not being up to the job" hasn't stopped us giving regular places to several very mediocre midfielders in that period!!
    Totally agree there Aucks, he Nicola did have a real talent and an intelligent footballer, but just didn't get the chance he warranted.
    Another on a mega bucks move - Steven N'Zonzi was critted by quite a few as being over rated . Don't know about you but I saw him as a real essential with bags of further potential in our midfield back then. So when you consider the ones who have followed him in that midfield role - 'egg on face' doesn't begin to cover it!
    Now there's Michael Keane!!!
    To say we've been shambolic (again) doesn't even begin to cover it.
    For the moment I'm not including young Connor in this, as for me he has a fair bit yet to prove. If he turns out a star fair do's, but by all accounts he's been a bit of a difficult 'charge', right back to GBs' tutorage.
    Maybe Stokes is in the same vein and it's simply a case of moving on a disruptive element. It's a case of trusting TMs' judgement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)