+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T What is your favourite wine?

O/T What is your favourite wine?

I'm intrigued to know if anyone on here drinks wine. Red, White or Rose any particular type you like? Please don't think this is a wind up, I am genuinely intrigued.

Have to confess that red wine is my preferred tipple, although I do like a malt whiskey late at night, but not if I have already had a couple of glasses of red. I don't think they mix or at least my stomach doesn't seem to think so. I don't drink a lot, just a few glasses a week and prefer quality to quantity.

As to type I drink mainly Aussie or Spanish. Love Tempranillo grape and in particular Campo Viejo (Spanish Rioja region) and when it is on offer the Reserva is my ultimate treat and usual Fathers Day present. As to the Aussie great fan of most Shiraz but also love Merlot.
    Not a fan of French red wine.

When the weather is hot as now, I must admit to enjoying a really cold rose, especially Beringer (Zinfandel Rose) from California but I try to keep that pretty quiet. Lovely drink though on its own, not with food.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Have to confess that red wine is my preferred tipple, although I do like a malt whiskey late at night, but not if I have already had a couple of glasses of red. I don't think they mix or at least my stomach doesn't seem to think so. I don't drink a lot, just a few glasses a week and prefer quality to quantity.

As to type I drink mainly Aussie or Spanish. Love Tempranillo grape and in particular Campo Viejo (Spanish Rioja region) and when it is on offer the Reserva is my ultimate treat and usual Fathers Day present. As to the Aussie great fan of most Shiraz but also love Merlot.
    Not a fan of French red wine.

When the weather is hot as now, I must admit to enjoying a really cold rose, especially Beringer (Zinfandel Rose) from California but I try to keep that pretty quiet. Lovely drink though on its own, not with food.
    Don't forget the old adage Yarm 'never mix the grape and the grain'....cheers.

A'feckin''Mon'drinking'wine
    You'are'a'nailed'on'office'worker

Usually share a bottle of white with the wife on a Saturday night if we are staying in though I prefer a good port. I quite like mead but I don't drink it often.I mainly drink beer, real ale. I just about never drink spirits, maybe the odd cocktail if it's offered to me.
    As for which white wine, whatever is on sale!

I like a glass or two of red with my evening meal, quite like Toto Loco from Aldi, then a glass of Famous Grouse when relaxing in front of the tele later on.

Barley wine's the only one I touch.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Barley wine's the only one I touch.
    A good Barley Wine is awesome though!

Like red wine too, if it is a good one. Barolo, Amarone, and many others.

Many on here like a good whine about Pulis.

Some interesting answers there. Never heard of Barley wine. I've become more and more fond of wine in recent years, doesn't help when the missus glugs it down so much. A New zealand sauvignon blanc is a favorite.

Have you ever tried wine to pick out the flavours in them? I really don't know how people do it, some find a mango taste in white wines or even grapefruits.

A zinfandel is a very sweet wine Yarm, i agree cannot be drank with food though. Some of the red wines i've had, usually you can smell them in your pee next morning. They are strong in flavor.

55 I am an office worker but still see myself as a working class, i'll drink most alcohols if i'm honest. Cider used to be a favorite of mine, but only the good local stuff - which i find Cheddar in somerset to be the best. i reccomend the Legbender of anyone ever visits Cheddar.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)