+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quote of the year

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Including Blackstock lbj
    You're having a laff

No I'm not,he is in our books costing money every week and doing nothing for it,we don't look like we can get him to leave,so we have to get him motivated to earn his pay,according to your comment you would be happy for him to do nothing and draw his brass for the next two years,good business that.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    No I'm not,he is in our books costing money every week and doing nothing for it,we don't look like we can get him to leave,so we have to get him motivated to earn his pay,according to your comment you would be happy for him to do nothing and draw his brass for the next two years,good business that.
    Too many memories of Schofield. Trouble is why should PW pick DB when his performance history has been so poor. Yes play him if nobody better but that is highly unlikely given our squad.

Blackstock is a player like any other...

I hope he appreciates the great chance he has now to enjoy the football basics....being part of a team.

Forwards suffer with poor service....without a run in the team - therefore lack of match "sharpness"....

Every player needs to have their strengths catered too !

But forwards can look foolish if the tactics and / or quality of service isn't adiquate. ( or appropriate )

This is a "FOOTBALL" forum isn't it ?

I find myself in a surreal mood when the very basics of football are so obviously ignored and / or not appreciated on a football forum.

Recently England - took Vardy yet left out the man who quite obviously pulled Vardy's strings ( Drinkwater ) ....the two go together like Beardsley & Lineker....Toshack & Keegan....Izzy & Ward....

The forward needs "feeding" ask the "Goat"!

Supply the right service in the right areas and any true forward will score a good percentage of chances....

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Blackstock is a player like any other...

I hope he appreciates the great chance he has now to enjoy the football basics....being part of a team.

Forwards suffer with poor service....without a run in the team - therefore lack of match "sharpness"....

But forwards can look foolish if the tactics and / or quality of service isn't adiquate. ( or appropriate )

I find myself in a surreal mood when the very basics of football are so obviously ignored and / or not appreciated on a football forum.

Recently England - took Vardy yet left out the man who quite obviously pulled Vardy's strings ( Drinkwater ) ....the two go together like Beardsley & Lineker....Toshack & Keegan....Izzy & Ward....

The forward needs "feeding" ask the "Goat"!

Supply the right service in the right areas and any true forward will score a good percentage of chances....
    I don't think anyone can pass as slowly as Blackstock runs.

[QUOTE=lbj;38568269]Blackstock is a player like any other...

QUOTE]

Perhaps Blackstock strength is his capability as an agent? In which case the club has "catered for his strengths" as he's certainly not been prevented from pursuing his "agenting!" Is that in your book of football basics lbj?

The fact is Blackstock has looked distracted and disinterested since he came. The bloke appears to have no shame/pride. It would be nice to see a change in attitude in L1 but I'm not holding my breath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12