+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strikers: Who Warne does and doesn't want

Strikers: Who Warne does and doesn't want

Good business Warney, keep it up fella...

It's looking quite promising so far and I hope Warney manages to get a couple more of his preferred targets on board.
    A bit tongue in cheek, but I was hoping the article might say that Blackstock was one of the strikers he didn't want because I'm pretty sure he'd like to move him on if he could. He's just not a Paul Warne type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    It's looking quite promising so far and I hope Warney manages to get a couple more of his preferred targets on board.
    A bit tongue in cheek, but I was hoping the article might say that Blackstock was one of the strikers he didn't want because I'm pretty sure he'd like to move him on if he could. He's just not a Paul Warne type of player.
    Yeh i agree, i like the way Warney is talking about an attacking style of football, hopefully that turns out to be the case because if s we'll be in for a decent season, in my opinion.

It has a lot better feel to it than pre season for the last few seasons.

I think we have to be patient this year we are trying to build a young athletic team and not creating a quick fix.

It's looking better so far and optimism is on the rise I think?

Warney was rather diplomatic about the "Blackstock situation" in Radio DeeDah interview tonight. He went through the list of strikers and attacking midfielders that we've got, then at the end, almost as an afterthought, said "Plus we've got Dexter"...
    Warney also said that he is still hoping to " Sign one. possibly two. more strikers"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Davis_(Millers_ View Post

Paul, much as I respect your input and information, can't you tell me why do you insist on linking the same stories, time after time, under different headlines?

Very lazy journalism IMO for what it's worth.