+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimism barometer

Looking for a goalscorer who "excelled at amateur level" doesn't inspire optimism but with the "facilities" being refurbished as they are - at least some policy is becoming clear - and it's hamming together.

The "Organic growth" philosophy is beginning to show itself - but boy are cutting back the Shrubbery!

The talk of Premiership was marketing hype - but only hype - a good marking plan has a financial side to it and last year particularly.....the hype was far greater than the financial package put to one side to support sales and marketing forecasting.

This year is different - we're going low !

Money gone in for infrastructure - albeit modest - but modest is good - modest works for me.....

This is like a start up business....aiming for organic growth and ploughing money back into the club ( CUP RUN PLEASE ).

You can cut the shrubs back too far though and ruin the plant....that "wisdom" comes from experience....TS has learnt his lessons....no more chemical fertilizer on his crops.....a couple of years of well rotted manure and we'll be back on Gardeners World again.....it's the two head Gardeners that worry me a bit....nurturing cuttings up to full hardy plants is a skill our head gardeners haven't had experience of.....and that's THE MOST IMPORTANT THING....GROWING OUR OWN !

High risk but relatively low cost !

Manure it is then - for a couple of years....lol

we lost adeyemi and replaced with potter. we get ball to replace ward. we loose smallwood and get williams tbh not much has changed since last season... at least 4 more signings before the season starts imo

Sorry guys n gals but for me we have so far signed players that have not inspired me. I see us as nothing more than a mid table team right now. I rate our chances of staying up at 100% but as far as going back up or even a playoff place I can see us struggling and rate us at about 35% unless we start signing better players.

However! If we get 3 or 4 quality young players in we could go back up either automatically or via the playoff's.

Why does it have to be promotion to be positive ?

Maybe we need a couple of years building a side.

If we're competitive and going in the right direction then that's positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

Agree, but we're used to the glass half empty brigade on here by now arent we?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post

It does not have to be promotion but it does have to be a team that can push towards the top of the table or we are just going to fall in to the trap of mid table where getting good players in for the next push is going to be harder and another mid table finish is just about all we can hope for and so on and so on.

The players we have brought in right now (IMHO) are nowhere near good enough to make us a team that can push for a top 10 place.

However! If we can get a player like Jamie Proctor and others with good pedigree at the club then we just might be able to push on from there.

BUT mark my words, if we do only end up as a mid table team this season then you can look forward to another 5 to 10 years of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Non League Michael Ihiekwe - Massive jump for him to make
    Old Bloke Darren Potter, the mid field engine
    Ryan Williams, like Smallwood, knows how to pass a ball sideways
    David Ball, scored 14 goals in 55 appearances and released by our competition.

I am 35% and hoping to improve on that if we are ever gonna sign a player of any substance.

Until then, this once massive happy clapper is just listening and watching and hoping for more. Everything so far points to a mid table place at the very best for me. Hope I'm proven wrong and let's hope to get off to a good start - top of the table after month 1. If we fail like last year I fear confidence will melt.
    Ball wasn't released he was offered new terms .

I'd say 65% at the moment, if we sign another young striker 80%, 2 more young strikers 95% give blackstock his marching orders 100%

PS 50% at best.....a new ball game aimed predominantly at safety. Although the two managers haven't got a great pedigree between them....

Like I say manure for 2 years....let the roots develop and see where it takes us. PW's job is as safe as houses....TS is developing his own manager first and foremost....the team is secondary to the development of a the management team......then we'll see....nothing really exciting until they're a good team first -
    ready to manage at a higher lever....let's hope PW has other courses booked.....

As a club we should be beyond this but TS has decided to take control and star the ship again.....EVO pushed us too far too soon....and the club didn't keep up !

Back to square one - with a home grown manager - "BOOT ROOM" ANYONE ?

Maybe Blackstock will make everybody eat the sh ite they have wrote about him 70%

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast