+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimism barometer

It has happened before, hoten.

Ray Mountford was classed as a joke and there was an almighty groan when his named was announced because of an injury to Jim Brown, yet he went on to be one of the best keepers we've ever had.

The same season the infancied Rodney Fern came in for the injured Richard Finney and is now part of Millers folk law.

More recently we had Greg Halford stealing a wage. Warnock brought him into the team and he became everyone's first name on the team sheet.

So it could happen!

58.5 at the moment, if we get blackmailer out and at least a couple more of which one is a striker I'd push th boat out and go72.

Anything above 70 is playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    It has happened before, hoten.

Ray Mountford was classed as a joke and there was an almighty groan when his named was announced because of an injury to Jim Brown, yet he went on to be one of the best keepers we've ever had.

The same season the infancied Rodney Fern came in for the injured Richard Finney and is now part of Millers folk law.

More recently we had Greg Halford stealing a wage. Warnock brought him into the team and he became everyone's first name on the team sheet.

So it could happen!
    I'll happily eat humble pie if Blackstock turns out to be a revelation in League 1.
    However, his demeanour since he arrived at the club suggests this is unlikely and I get the impression that he doesn't figure in Warne's plans.
    We'll see.

He has the pedigree in his past played at a higher level than anyone else at the club,depends how Warney sees it and if he gives him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'll happily eat humble pie if Blackstock turns out to be a revelation in League 1.
    However, his demeanour since he arrived at the club suggests this is unlikely and I get the impression that he doesn't figure in Warne's plans.
    We'll see.
    you have to want to play first and I'm not sure blackstock wants too

That's a great point SM. wonder what the other players think about his attitude.

I know in my place of work anyone who doesn't pull their weight are more than told about it by the rest of the workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Maybe Blackstock will make everybody eat the sh ite they have wrote about him 70%
    Maybe but don't forget Blackstock is unavailable until the end of September.

Got to finish his day job giving rides on Blackpool beach

Insults hidden behind a keyboard very brave.

100% I stopped listening to anything that comes out of the club anymore, I just go & make my own mind up.i will judge again after our first 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    He has the pedigree in his past played at a higher level than anyone else at the club,depends how Warney sees it and if he gives him a chance.
    I don't think Warney will give Blackstock a chance because his application has been so poor since he's been at the club and our new manager definitely doesn't like slackers.
    I've watched Blackstock in the pre match warm ups (on the rare occasions when he's been in the matchday squad) and his attitude is appalling. He puts minimum effort into the drills and, worse, tries to distract some of the other players.
    His attitude will need to change radically for him to get anywhere near the team.
    Leopards don't change their spots and it's unlikely anyone else will take him off our hands so it looks like we'll be stuck with Danny Schofield Mk 2.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast