+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Optimism barometer

30% for me we have not done anything to strengthen the squad yet its merely a case of 1 out 1 in.

As a starting 11 we might be able to put a reasonably competitive team out, once a few injuries and suspensions bite there isn't the back up players in the squad to compete.

Also whilst I accept league 1 isn't anywhere near the standard of the Championship I don't fully go along with the theory that some of the players who were so abject last season will suddenly become superstars this season.

I would consider our main attacking force

Jon Taylor played 102 times for Shrewsbury in league one scoring 21 goals. For Peterborough in league one, he played 54 times scoring 14 goals and he's only 24

Forde made 50 starts for Walsall scoring 7. He's 23.

Ball played 13 X for Peterborough scoring 7. Then 137 times for Fleetwood scoring 41. (Experienced 27)

Williams scored 8 in 38 starts for Oxford/Barnsley. (23 years old)

frecks at 53 goals in 300 games (old man)

Yates. Yeah I know he's light weight and runs a bit funny but people don't realise how good his stats look esp since they were accumulated in championship. 7 league starts (bench 15x) and 1 cup start. 6 goals only 20

JCH. 21 goals from 67 starts only 22...

Is this enough fire power to warrant anything above 70% confidence. Not for me we need another 15+ a season goal scorer

I'm definitely a glass half full person. But I'm also a realist. I am more confident than I was at the end of the season. And in fact, I have slowly become more confident as the days go by. I am still only at about 35% though.

With two or three more positive signings it could well go up to 50-60%.

long shot but if we secured Adeyemi that would give us another 12 goals

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    66.6666667% for me.

Two thirds of the way there.
    Need a right back to challenge Fisher for his starting place.
    Spend most of the cash from the Danny Ward deal on a decent striker, either signed up on a 2yr contract or use it to pay wages for a half-season long loan.
    Fisher for me is the weak link in the back four and only gave a glimpse of his capability in the one game I recall such is his poor ability. When he was subbed it raised a cheer (not called for but the fans pay to be entertained)

Definitely send him out on loan to improve or leave.

Optimism at the mo? More than 50% with the fresh faces brought in and hope it all gels well for Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    My problem is I had a degree of optimism last season when Stubbs was appointed; when TS was talking about a new state of the art training facility; when we were hearing the 'quality not quantity' and 'lessons have been learnt' mantras (yet again); when we were making credible signings (apparently); when we were looking to consolidate and push on in the Championship; when we had money to invest... etc etc

Now all those promises and expectations have fallen by the wayside or been ridiculed we're looking at establishing a new set of parameters, a new, lower level of optimism, albeit a level suited to the league we're in. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with what I've seen so far, which has been better than I anticipated, and I do feel Warne is rapidly growing into the job (but he needs to cut out the jokes and present a more professional persona).

So, my barometer has risen over the last month from a very pessimistic 30% to a much more encouraged 60%, with room for added improvement. But what I don't want is for hopes to be dashed again and for us to be establishing even lower levels of expectation next year. So, at this stage I'm hopeful - but cautiously so.
    Agree wi that leeds.

Gone up a bit more with signing today

Looking better

Yep think we will owd our own this year. Still think we need that couple of star signings to get us up. An out and out goal getter and a solid centre half. We will need luck with injuries to key players as well summat we didnt have last year. Think we have a top 10 squad now...

75% for me.

I think that we'll creep into the play-offs but fail.

The January transfer window is gointo be interesting.

95% for me

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast