+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimism barometer

Optimism barometer

Ok guys and gals, now we're signing players, clearing out others, smartening up the training facilities etc etc where do you put our chances i.e. Where are you on the "optimism" scale.

0%. We're doomed for a poor season and bound for non league football

To

100%. We will have a great season and get promoted again.

I will put my optimism at 74% to get the ball rolling.

Your thoughts?

I'm at about the same tbh a couple more decent signings.

It's not just an opinion on this year more about the next few seasons with the kind of signings we're going for.

UTM

if you would asked me the same question when Warne was announced as Manager i would have said 35% .Now with the new captures, things looking smarter down at Roundwood iam nearer 80% . Right back possibly another Centre Defence and we are good to go.

Quietly confident of giving a decent account of ourselves. Keep the steady momentum going. 70%

I'm around the 70% mark too. My optimism will go up a few notches if Warne manages to land a few more of his targets.

50% mid table at best.

Little old fence sitter me. 50%.

80% things are looking up

My problem is I had a degree of optimism last season when Stubbs was appointed; when TS was talking about a new state of the art training facility; when we were hearing the 'quality not quantity' and 'lessons have been learnt' mantras (yet again); when we were making credible signings (apparently); when we were looking to consolidate and push on in the Championship; when we had money to invest... etc etc

Now all those promises and expectations have fallen by the wayside or been ridiculed we're looking at establishing a new set of parameters, a new, lower level of optimism, albeit a level suited to the league we're in. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with what I've seen so far, which has been better than I anticipated, and I do feel Warne is rapidly growing into the job (but he needs to cut out the jokes and present a more professional persona).

So, my barometer has risen over the last month from a very pessimistic 30% to a much more encouraged 60%, with room for added improvement. But what I don't want is for hopes to be dashed again and for us to be establishing even lower levels of expectation next year. So, at this stage I'm hopeful - but cautiously so.

Non League Michael Ihiekwe - Massive jump for him to make
    Old Bloke Darren Potter, the mid field engine
    Ryan Williams, like Smallwood, knows how to pass a ball sideways
    David Ball, scored 14 goals in 55 appearances and released by our competition.

I am 35% and hoping to improve on that if we are ever gonna sign a player of any substance.

Until then, this once massive happy clapper is just listening and watching and hoping for more. Everything so far points to a mid table place at the very best for me. Hope I'm proven wrong and let's hope to get off to a good start - top of the table after month 1. If we fail like last year I fear confidence will melt.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast