+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: International ifollow signed up

It might end up being a separate commentator for iFollow though as QP said it's from "club level" the club might have to get someone to specifically commentate for iFollow listeners, which would make sense as people listening in from around the world couldn't give a toss about Radio Nottingham's adverts or traffic news and what not but iFollow would be able to make back some money on getting the club commentators to to read out their own ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    New commentary for Notts on Radio Nottm next season is Charlie Slater (no relation to Colin) He does the weather forecasting for Radio Nottm, he did commentary and interviews for Mansfield last few seasons....I like the bloke so hoping he's a good replacement for Colin S. Wouldn't know if he will be doing your's and tarquin's overseas thing though, but good luck with it......Still not there though are you pulling in the great atmosphere of Meadow Lane..
    I guess I'll live. I know where I'd rather be!

Anybody having any joy with iFollow for the RR game....the club website appears to be un-plugged but it clearly says "live" and "match centre"

No scores, no teamsheet, no audio, no pics, nothing, it's like the dead zone......unless I'm supposed to be doing something like pressing some buttons or holding the antenna over my head pointed at Blighty?
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 08-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.

I can't help you there Tarkers, but keep me abreast as to how smoothly it all works, and if it's a go I'll be signing up for the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Anybody having any joy with iFollow for the RR game....the club website appears to be un-plugged but it clearly says "live" and "match centre"

No scores, no teamsheet, no audio, no pics, nothing, it's like the dead zone......unless I'm supposed to be doing something like pressing some buttons or holding the antenna over my head pointed at Blighty?
    Just my guess but if they said the pre-season friendlies would also be covered in iFollow I would surmise that they meant the home games at the Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I can't help you there Tarkers, but keep me abreast as to how smoothly it all works, and if it's a go I'll be signing up for the start of the season.
    Will do Andy - TBH I thought it was a bit much to ask them to lug a camera and sound equipment up to Hucknall.....though it clearly said that on the Official Club Website.

C'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Just my guess but if they said the pre-season friendlies would also be covered in iFollow I would surmise that they meant the home games at the Lane.
    Maybe it's just me, but if says "live match" next to the RR game, then it should be live....mind you there wasn't even a team sheet there and it still says 0-0 even hours after the match ended.......a bit shabby TBH.......if it was run on Twitter, I'd have had NEXT weeks teamsheets by now and how many rolls of loo-paper was used on the team bus...with pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but if says "live match" next to the RR game, then it should be live....mind you there wasn't even a team sheet there and it still says 0-0 even hours after the match ended.......a bit shabby TBH.......if it was run on Twitter, I'd have had NEXT weeks teamsheets by now and how many rolls of loo-paper was used on the team bus...with pics!!

It's totally useless.

For those interested in iFollow, I have had a couple of e-mails back from Nick Richardson, Media and Communications Manager at Notts County.

It appears that NONE of the friendlies will be shown "live", but the Fixtures list (containing the words "live on iFollow") is not controlled by Notts themselves, but from a central location in EFL HQ ie it ain't their fault though they are speaking to EFL about it....no biggie I guess, though I was looking forward to the Forest game grrrr......once the season gets underway, then EFL will be sending camera crews to all league games.......only then will we really know if there are any more glitches in the system I guess.......letter attached

Great to hear your fellow ex-pats are interested in iFollow. I’m very optimistic that the service will be much more reliable than the former Player HD platform, but of course we are entering unchartered territory in terms of live streaming matches so I understand their caution.

Unfortunately we don’t have the capability to live stream any of the friendly matches. When the season comes around, the EFL will be sending a cameraman to each of our fixtures (barring FA Cup) with all the necessary equipment. Unfortunately we don’t have access to that level of support for friendlies and are therefore unable to provide a stream.

Radio Nottingham don’t cover pre-season friendlies, either, so I’m afraid live commentary won’t be available until the season gets going. We will, however, be providing live text updates on Twitter to be followed by the usual report and reaction on the club website.

I’m going to make contact with the EFL to see if we can remove anything that suggests supporters can follow friendlies ‘live’ – although I have a feeling it may be permanently engrained into the website.

Sorry, I know this email isn’t of much help, but stick with us. Once the new campaign is in full swing I’m very confident you will find the service useful and enjoyable.

Kind regards

Nick Richardson

Media and Communications Manager

Hello Tarkers....I've been reading this topic with some interest one question do you get to see ALL Notts games on Ifollow or are they only showing one game per league each weekend ???

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast