+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First up

Quote Originally Posted by Demp82well View Post
    Nice to see you starting the season with optimism LSM. Why can't we beat them on the opening day?. It not the same team as last year and on the first day of the season there is always a surprise
    With the exception of two glorious days in May 2015, it never seems to matter how good or bad the respective sides are, we are never able to beat them.

Even when the odds are in our favour, like being 1-0 up against them at Ibrox in the Cup with five minutes remaining, we just can't resist shooting ourselves right in the foot.

There are only three certainties in this life. Death, taxes and Motherwell bottling it against Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    There are only three certainties in this life. Death, taxes and Motherwell bottling it against Rangers.
    I would add a 4th certainty .. your relentless negativity every season/week towards a club you supposedly support.
    How can you predict scoreline when our squad is incomplete and not played ONE competitive game ?
    Carrumba we don’t even get summer break from your pessimism … have a wee holiday

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    I would add a 4th certainty .. your relentless negativity every season/week towards a club you supposedly support.
    How can you predict scoreline when our squad is incomplete and not played ONE competitive game ?
    Carrumba we don’t even get summer break from your pessimism … have a wee holiday
    No one is forcing you to read my contributions if it bothers you that much.

Though seeing as you read them regardless, I defy you or anyone else to contradict anything that I said in the above post about us and Rangers.

You can't really argue with him when you have a look at our performances and results against Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    You can't really argue with him when you have a look at our performances and results against Rangers.
    Indeed, suggesting we're strong favourites to lose to Rangers seems like stating the obvious to me.

I would say that given how Robinson lined up against them in the last league game though, I think we have more chance of an upset than in other recent attempts.

Totally agree, give Robinson his due at least he doesn't go into the game saying we are beat before a ball is kicked

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    We will lose to them, nothing surer.

Pre match we'll hear all the usual self assuring bravado like "we'll never have a better chance to beat Rangers, they're guff, managers a diddy, haven't gelled yet, worst Rangers side since nine**** can****" bla bla bla.

The game will come around and we will do our usual no show against them.

I can confidently predict right now, Motherwell 0-2 Rangers.
    Seriously?! I did not expect that reaction from you ...

Fortunately Lawsteelmans forecasting ability is puerile if you check his forecasts over many seasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)