shopify analytics
+ Visit Notts. County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT How many more can we take in.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    We have a perfectly good workforce in this country that needs a bit of encouragement and motivation.
    Th only thing they need is a fair wage for a fair days work

In answer to the OP, no, we can't go on, our population rose by half a mill last year alone and it's not as some suggest, simply a matter of space, it's resources from everything from schools to landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    In answer to the OP, no, we can't go on, our population rose by half a mill last year alone and it's not as some suggest, simply a matter of space, it's resources from everything from schools to landfill.
    It's scary, no one knows because it is immeasurable.

Years ago, it was predicted and ignored.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...l-figures.html

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That's the problem with you righties - you have no internationalist dimension. To us, people are people; their nationalities are accidents of birth.
    More delusion from the mind of “the Left”. The “everyone is just the same”, open borders, multi-culti myth would have us believe that the gay couple from Scandinavia can live in harmony next door to the big bearded Imam who’s living with his three child brides.

Perhaps it’s not automatic that a young Muslim man fresh off the boat from Eritrea, who has known nothing but oppression and Sharia Law, will suddenly turn into a secular, liberal, democracy loving European. Perhaps it’s just as, or more, likely that the community he moves into becomes more like the one he left, such as is happening in Molenbeek and Sevran (“the French Town that Lost 15 Boys to Jihad”).

“Oh it’s just a case of needing time to assimilate” say some. Maybe it’s not. Some second generation immigrants are becoming more conservative than their parents:
    “For Muslims today, the drama involves not so much overcoming poverty and educational deficits but adapting to a society whose values are sharply at odds with their religious heritage.” (Brookings Institute, 2013)

Salman Abedi (a 2nd generation immigrant) was so “sharply at odds” with how he saw young western women living around him that he considered it his divine duty to blow himself up at a concert attended mainly by young females, taking as many of them with him as he could.

“I don’t want my beloved country of birth being turned into some f u c king Lebanon.” (C.Hitchens)

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    More delusion from the mind of “the Left”. The “everyone is just the same”, open borders, multi-culti myth would have us believe that the gay couple from Scandinavia can live in harmony next door to the big bearded Imam who’s living with his three child brides.

Perhaps it’s not automatic that a young Muslim man fresh off the boat from Eritrea, who has known nothing but oppression and Sharia Law, will suddenly turn into a secular, liberal, democracy loving European. Perhaps it’s just as, or more, likely that the community he moves into becomes more like the one he left, such as is happening in Molenbeek and Sevran (“the French Town that Lost 15 Boys to Jihad”).

“Oh it’s just a case of needing time to assimilate” say some. Maybe it’s not. Some second generation immigrants are becoming more conservative than their parents:
    “For Muslims today, the drama involves not so much overcoming poverty and educational deficits but adapting to a society whose values are sharply at odds with their religious heritage.” (Brookings Institute, 2013)

Salman Abedi (a 2nd generation immigrant) was so “sharply at odds” with how he saw young western women living around him that he considered it his divine duty to blow himself up at a concert attended mainly by young females, taking as many of them with him as he could.

“I don’t want my beloved country of birth being turned into some f u c king Lebanon.” (C.Hitchens)
    You've compared Muslim to non-Muslim. Different to 'nationalities' which Sid posted.

The country is at breaking point.

In 1976 the UK had a drought and a population of approx 56m people struggled to obtain water via standpipes etc

When this happens again which it will,would the UK be able to cope?

We are told the current UK population is 65m+

Aprox 10m more people requiring water!

That's why the UK should have a 1in 1out policy on immigration.

The UK is full to capacity!

This is the basic truth. Regardless of whether anyone sits on the right or left of the political scale I do not believe this country can sustain an increase in our population of half a million in a year. The last time the increase was this high was after the second world war in 1947. An increase of half a million is a city the size of Bradford. The population has increased by 3 million in this decade alone. Nottingham City has a population of circa 283,000. So for context purposes this is ten cities the size of Nottingham in 7 years!

People are living longer so the death rate is much lower than the birth rate along with an increase in immigration.

My concerns with the increase in population is that I don't believe we that the infrastructure in place to cope with the increase year on year. If our education system, health and social care, transport network and housing cannot keep up then it means as a nation we are poorer for it because more people are competing for finite resources.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    This is the basic truth. Regardless of whether anyone sits on the right or left of the political scale I do not believe this country can sustain an increase in our population of half a million in a year. The last time the increase was this high was after the second world war in 1947. An increase of half a million is a city the size of Bradford. The population has increased by 3 million in this decade alone. Nottingham City has a population of circa 283,000. So for context purposes this is ten cities the size of Nottingham in 7 years!

People are living longer so the death rate is much lower than the birth rate along with an increase in immigration.

My concerns with the increase in population is that I don't believe we that the infrastructure in place to cope with the increase year on year. If our education system, health and social care, transport network and housing cannot keep up then it means as a nation we are poorer for it because more people are competing for finite resources.
    Is probably the right answer

Leaving the EU is a perfect time to solve a significant part of the population issue. Theresa Mays answer is to let anyone who's been here for 5 years plus stay. Incredible negotiating position Theresa, really quite incredible. Great Britain really does love to shoot itself in the foot in fact its a wonder it has any feet left. I don't have the stats but I would assume most of the people arriving are taking more than they are contributing. On that basis alone it's going to end in tears at some point. Also Sid how can you not look at people on a nationality basis? There is a good reason there are several hundred ****ing countries in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Wouldn't you say a 'migrant' who has been resident for 50 years is entitled to be considered a native or even a 'person'?
    That's the problem with you righties - you have no internationalist dimension. To us, people are people; their nationalities are accidents of birth.
    We Brits will, of course, accept highly-skilled professionals from struggling economies because we can make good use of them and steal the cost of training them from countries like Nigeria. We are prepared to cripple third world economies by stealing their most precious resources - trained professionals - and then we can moan like hell about our foreign aid budget.
    Market Square, Nottingham, circa 2030 >
    Name:  Buzkashi_PortaVox.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  21.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I don't have the stats but I would assume most of the people arriving are taking more than they are contributing.
    Maybe you should have a look at the stats. As there are no specific criteria for measuring, you'll find a few that have been selectively calculated depending on political leaning to come up with the answer they want (on both sides). If you look at the more unbiased sources though, you might change your assumption.

You know things have gone too far, when the normally passive 10 million Swedes start admitting they've made a mistake letting in 200,000 Muslims....Ooops

The opening scenes of this Al Jazeera Special from a parent "If anyone touches any of my daughters, there'll be blood spilt.....you Politicians are to blame"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7QErh_nvyY

ps The Saudis are insisting that Al Jazeera is closed down Tony, I said that I quite liked AJ....balanced reporting from a Muslim country.....now the Saudis are blockading Qatar until it's closed....I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    You know things have gone too far, when the normally passive 10 million Swedes start admitting they've made a mistake letting in 200,000 Muslims....Ooops

The opening scenes of this Al Jazeera Special from a parent "If anyone touches any of my daughters, there'll be blood spilt.....you Politicians are to blame"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7QErh_nvyY

ps The Saudis are insisting that Al Jazeera is closed down Tony, I said that I quite liked AJ....balanced reporting from a Muslim country.....now the Saudis are blockading Qatar until it's closed....I wonder why?
    No, this can't be true Tarkers, I was assured that there was absolutely no migrant problems in Sweden a few months ago and was given short shrift when I said otherwise. This must be fake news. All the migrants have integrated without any tension and they are living in peaceful harmony...........honest!

No, this can't be true Tarkers, I was assured that there was absolutely no migrant problems in Sweden a few months ago and was given short shrift when I said otherwise. This must be fake news. All the migrants have integrated without any tension and they are living in peaceful harmony...........honest!
    yep, nothing to see here. All is well with racial harmony. Move along, move along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thXCb1VUBDg

Some scary stuff here from 60 minutes, even the police didn't want to hang around....and as soon as they left it all kicked off from the Somalis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk35-_t0S0E

Also the excellent Tim Pool from Chicago south-side looked visibly shaken trying to film in Rinkeby, Malmo......he has several balanced YouTube vids with the Politicians, the police and the locals....but Rinkenby frightened him

Lastly the film-maker Horovitz tried to film there.....he was attacked also.....it's all out there for everyone to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0p7Oyvql9s
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 24-06-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Some scary stuff here from 60 minutes, even the police didn't want to hang around....and as soon as they left it all kicked off from the Somalis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk35-_t0S0E

Also the excellent Tim Pool from Chicago south-side looked visibly shaken trying to film in Rinkeby, Malmo......he has several balanced YouTube vids with the Politicians, the police and the locals....but Rinkenby frightened him

Lastly the film-maker Horovitz tried to film there.....he was attacked also.....it's all out there for everyone to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0p7Oyvql9s
    It's clear to me that you're just a racist Tarkers, none of this can possibly be true. You'll be telling us of fiction between Aussies and the Lebanese next.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    yep, nothing to see here. All is well with racial harmony. Move along, move along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thXCb1VUBDg
    Tim Pool pretty much agrees.......he tries to keep it balanced in his 7 or 8 vids, like I said earlier, by speaking to all sides BUT his main criticism is that the Swedish Politicians are pretending that it's not happening. This in his view makes the problem worse by allowing these thugs to dominate the agenda. Swedes are genuinely frightened of being labelled racist.

The bit I found quite laughable, was a question to the local mayor from Tim, about crimes deliberately NOT being labelled as Muslim-related.
    The mayor denied it....then went on to explain that the label, 291? was only being used as a "category" where Muslim-related crimes are stored temporarily until the official crime figures are produced......the whole denial was bizzare.

It's clear to me that you're just a racist Tarkers, none of this can possibly be true. You'll be telling us of fiction between Aussies and the Lebanese next.......
    It was an obvious set-up by the Aussie 60 minutes team......get some Somalis to run you over in a car, get the police on camera to "do a runner", get a brick thrown at you from 6 feet away by a random hoodie, punches thrown.......then a disabled guy to run down the attackers with his mobility scooter, which was actually the funniest bit!

Tim Pool pretty much agrees.......he tries to keep it balanced in his 7 or 8 vids, like I said earlier, by speaking to all sides BUT his main criticism is that the Swedish Politicians are pretending that it's not happening. This in his view makes the problem worse by allowing these thugs to dominate the agenda. Swedes are genuinely frightened of being labelled racist.

The bit I found quite laughable, was a question to the local mayor from Tim, about crimes deliberately NOT being labelled as Muslim-related.
    The mayor denied it....then went on to explain that the label, 291? was only being used as a "category" where Muslim-related crimes are stored temporarily until the official crime figures are produced......the whole denial was bizzare.
    You would never get news like this on our msm. They can go on ad nauseam about the potential harmful effects of Brexit even though it is only speculation but they will never broadcast the devastating effect the policy of mass uncontrolled immigration has had on whole communities and how families live in constant fear for their lives.

Little Boy Blue,
    Come blow your horn,
    The sheep's in the meadow,
    The cow's in the corn;
    But where is the boy
    Who looks after the sheep?
    He's under a haystack,
    He's fast asleep.
    Will you wake him?
    No, not I,
    For if I do,
    He's sure to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe you should have a look at the stats. As there are no specific criteria for measuring, you'll find a few that have been selectively calculated depending on political leaning to come up with the answer they want (on both sides). If you look at the more unbiased sources though, you might change your assumption.
    Please list said unbiased sources! My 'stat' is simple. People probably want to move from one country to another for the most part, for a better standard of living than the one they are in. Ergo my thoughts.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast